Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136007 times)

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #315 on: June 10, 2015, 04:05:05 AM »
You guys. Rizumo and yukishi. Remember that well. Because it will be written in the canon manga. Seriously your rizumo game would be too weak if you doubt it. Its the most popular ship. And makes sense the most. *flips hair*

Offline Hikari Kirameku

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2015, 07:04:22 AM »
Just because a ship is the most popular ship, doesn't mean it's gonna happen...look at what happened with Naruto, lol (and I totally called NaruHina).

But some serious stuff would have to go down for Rin to change his mind about Shiemi at this point. Shiemi seems interested in Rin now too, otherwise she wouldn't have been giggling at his laughing the way she was last chapter. She's smitten. She does like Yukio too, but he's too busy being angsty to have a shot (and he blew his best chance so far when he declined her dance invitation). Meanwhile, not saying Izumo wouldn't have a shot if she is indeed interested in Rin beyond friendship (which to me she doesn't seem to be), but she'd really need to work on dropping the tsundere act. Rin doesn't seem to be able to read it well (and he's slightly tsundere himself, that's a horrible mix, lol.

But so far, there has been a LOT of development on the RinShi front, to the point where it's really just riding on if Shiemi will be receptive to Rin or not. It might not be the most popular here, but it's definitely the most plausible at the moment (and it's the second most popular ship here, which should account for something).

One thing I wonder what the most popular ship in the Japanese fandom is...I know things can sometimes vary between eastern/western fandoms.

Offline questdrivencollie

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #317 on: June 10, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »
We got lots of time to find out and lots of potential development ahead of us.
I support more than one possible outcome and more than one ship, but RinShi's probably my top pick. I don't think I'll be able to get super into any ship until it makes canon, though.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #318 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:01 PM »
Just because a ship is the most popular ship, doesn't mean it's gonna happen...look at what happened with Naruto, lol (and I totally called NaruHina).

But some serious stuff would have to go down for Rin to change his mind about Shiemi at this point. Shiemi seems interested in Rin now too, otherwise she wouldn't have been giggling at his laughing the way she was last chapter. She's smitten. She does like Yukio too, but he's too busy being angsty to have a shot (and he blew his best chance so far when he declined her dance invitation). Meanwhile, not saying Izumo wouldn't have a shot if she is indeed interested in Rin beyond friendship (which to me she doesn't seem to be), but she'd really need to work on dropping the tsundere act. Rin doesn't seem to be able to read it well (and he's slightly tsundere himself, that's a horrible mix, lol.

But so far, there has been a LOT of development on the RinShi front, to the point where it's really just riding on if Shiemi will be receptive to Rin or not. It might not be the most popular here, but it's definitely the most plausible at the moment (and it's the second most popular ship here, which should account for something).

One thing I wonder what the most popular ship in the Japanese fandom is...I know things can sometimes vary between eastern/western fandoms.
i guess the only way to accept canon or not is for us to see the characters being  happy and healthy in their relationships. I am not really bothered if my ships sink as long as i see them happy with the final score. With naruto i wasnt a fan of the ships because i shipped shikaino lol was i mad? Heck no.I knew it wasnt gonna work. I was happy about it actually. Especially with naruhina even it was quite kinda not my taste. They were happy and were establishing a very normal and loving family and it warmed my heart to see them. We get really selfish with the ships and i guess its normal. If rin finds shiemi to be someone he wants to be with forever ( IF NOTHING BAD HAPPENS!!) then im down son. I wont feel bad because i know if they wanted each other and no one is in the way then no prob. That is all.  8)

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #319 on: June 10, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
I heard that a good way to know what ship is popular in Japan is to look it up on pixiv and see how many results it gets.

Offline Hikari Kirameku

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #320 on: June 10, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
I heard that a good way to know what ship is popular in Japan is to look it up on pixiv and see how many results it gets.

I don't know what the ship names are in Japanese though...damn, lol.
Although, I dunno if it's because of the Fujoshi, but I run into a LOT of Rin/Yukio *shudder* (Why Fujoshi...why? What is with the obsession with twincest?). Thankfully that ship doesn't seem anywhere near as popular for western readers

Offline questdrivencollie

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #321 on: June 10, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »
Shows up on tumblr all the time when I go searching for Blue Exorcist stuff...well, I don't search under that name. I search character names, usually.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2015, 04:20:05 PM »

Although, I dunno if it's because of the Fujoshi, but I run into a LOT of Rin/Yukio *shudder* (Why Fujoshi...why? What is with the obsession with twincest?). Thankfully that ship doesn't seem anywhere near as popular for western readers

It's not the twincest, really (thought that's a bonus). It's the combination of a stoic character who hides his feelings and a happy-go-lucky one who tries to reach him. That kind of ship is popular in all of fiction.

Offline Hikari Kirameku

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #323 on: June 11, 2015, 06:24:19 AM »

It's not the twincest, really (thought that's a bonus). It's the combination of a stoic character who hides his feelings and a happy-go-lucky one who tries to reach him. That kind of ship is popular in all of fiction.

I don't care how good a ship might be personality-wise if there's incest involved though. Squicks me right out on so many levels. I don't understand what the appeal is (since you mentioned it's a "bonus"). Personally, I relate to the familial-love type bonding so much more, having siblings myself. Stuff need not default to romance to be interesting.

That said, I much prefer Rin and Yukio just doing cute sibling things together (since we get so precious little of it in-canon right now *sighs*).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:35:21 AM by Hikari Kirameku »

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2015, 07:25:36 AM »
^I think it's also partly because they're the two most popular characters in the series, so it makes a certain amount of sense for them to be a popular ship just by virtue of people putting their favorite characters together. Still squicks me out too, though.

I can help with this!

Luckily they follow more regular rules than English ship names:
-Take the first two kana (or first kanji) of each name and put them together
-I think the order goes guy-girl for heterosexual couples and seme-uke for BL couples? Don't quote me on that
-So Rizumo is 燐出 (RinIzu), RinShi is 燐しえ (RinShie), the twincest one is either 雪燐 (YukiRin) or 燐雪 (RinYuki)...what are some other ones I've seen on Pixiv? Mephisto/Amaimon is メフィアマ, etc. With Shima, sometimes people can't decide whether to use 志摩 (Shima) or abbreviate Renzou to 廉, so you get 志摩勝 (ShimaSugu) but 廉燐 (RenRin) and so on.

Also, 腐 (fu) or 腐向け (fumuke) is the tag for "stuff a fujoshi would like" so if you see a post tagged with Rin and Yukio and that, beware. Cute sibling stuff will have their full names as separate tags, no 雪燐 or 燐雪 and no 腐.

Protip: never click on anything tagged サタ燐 no matter how much morbid curiosity you're feeling, yes it's 4 am and you think you're totally up for reading a trainwreck of a fic, no you still shouldn't do it, just go to bed, there is only regret in your future, oh my god Facets what is wrong with you you speak more than enough Japanese to know that's code for interspecies pedophilia incest rape

...Back to the new chapter, did anyone else feel really bad for Yukio when Rin was talking about Shiemi? I mean, I ship RinShie more than YukiShie, but poor kid...

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2015, 09:16:35 AM »

I don't care how good a ship might be personality-wise if there's incest involved though. Squicks me right out on so many levels. I don't understand what the appeal is (since you mentioned it's a "bonus"). Personally, I relate to the familial-love type bonding so much more, having siblings myself. Stuff need not default to romance to be interesting.

That said, I much prefer Rin and Yukio just doing cute sibling things together (since we get so precious little of it in-canon right now *sighs*).

It's a bonus because twins already share a strong bond, so it gives the ship an extra dimension.

Imagine how different their relationship would be if they weren't related.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:20:14 AM by NeeNee »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2015, 06:52:15 PM »
^I think it's also partly because they're the two most popular characters in the series, so it makes a certain amount of sense for them to be a popular ship just by virtue of people putting their favorite characters together. Still squicks me out too, though.

Very much this. At least it's not as squicky as the Foe Yay ships.  AmaiShiemi creeps me out, especially with those parasites. I can't believe people forget that happened.

(I have considered writing a Gedouin shippy fic just to mess with people's minds but I don't think I could lower myself to that level of depravity.)

Protip: never click on anything tagged サタ燐 no matter how much morbid curiosity you're feeling, yes it's 4 am and you think you're totally up for reading a trainwreck of a fic, no you still shouldn't do it, just go to bed, there is only regret in your future, oh my god Facets what is wrong with you you speak more than enough Japanese to know that's code for interspecies pedophilia incest rape

Jesus christ. And I thought some Toukio fics were fucked up.

...Back to the new chapter, did anyone else feel really bad for Yukio when Rin was talking about Shiemi? I mean, I ship RinShie more than YukiShie, but poor kid...

Funny enough I wonder if that even upset him at the time. Yukio already knows Rin is interested in Shiemi (which is why he had fun going "hm, I wonder" when Rin frantically asked if he was going out with Shiemi). I think he was too busy being terrified of shouting that he doesn't trust Renzou for telling him that Lucifer's waiting for him. Getting exposed by a bunch of monkey demons in a bath house would have to be THE most embarrassing way to be revealed.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Hikari Kirameku

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2015, 07:14:01 AM »
Thanks Facets for the info! Now I know more of which tags to look for (and to avoid)! Now if Pixiv would cooperate better with my phone *sighs*...I miss my computer.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2015, 11:50:31 PM »
It's interesting how Izumo turns to Yukio. xD And in volume 15's special chapter she was hiding behind him too. It's like he's her safe guy or something.

I have been thinking about this and... I actually wouldn't be mad at all, even though I ship RinIzu since the bathroom incident, if the ending was a reverse ship of Yukio x Izumo and Rin x Shiemi.

As long as the relationships are portrayed as functional, I really don't care if it's not my ship. But Kato, please, don't pull a Kishimoto.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:58:45 PM by MetallicArcher »

Offline The Rulemeister

• Page
« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2015, 04:55:58 AM »
But Kato, please, don't pull a Kishimoto.

What did Kishimoto (author of Naruto) do?