Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136161 times)

Offline pknumba1

• Junior Second Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2015, 03:38:52 PM »
What I think kirarin means is that the manga will run for another 21 chapters, at least.  In order to see any development in a canon ship that is.  I trust Katou-sensei.  I don't think she'll let us down.  And this is a fandom where if there is a disappointment, most people take it with a grain of salt, even begrudgingly so.  Besides, Katou-senesi might do it in a way that's satisfying on both ends just because she's a great author.  She knows how to tell a story.  As far as Rinshi goes, she might have the typical ship in the end where the guy gets the girl, or she might surprise us.  All in all, I'm looking forward to what she has planned. 

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2015, 03:38:20 AM »
I ship yukishi all the way. Rizumo wiĺl slowly develop and rinshi is the biggest mislead of all the ships. If rinshi ends up together it would just seem so unfair for yukio to have nothing. He met her first and between rin and yukio its clearer yukio has the more serious affection for shiemi. Whereas rin, i always think its comedic relief with him making faces and blushing humorously. Rizumo has that quiet vibe but makes you feel there is actually brewing deep down inside. We all have a long way to go. As katou sensei said that  this might drag on for 21 chapters or longer. Till then i hope we have fun imagining what could happen in the future.

Life is never fair. For Rin, Shiemi is the first girl and person that he ever had a real conversation with. I am sure he liked that and of course has a crush on Shiemi. For Izumo, Rin appears to be the first guy that did not make fun of her and talk with her in a sweet way. I agree that Rin and Izumo are wonderful together.
Yukio and Shiemi not so much.

What will drag for 21 chapters? Rin and Izumo's first date? I hope that nothing happens until Lucifer is defeated because well whomever Rin calls a friend their lives will be in danger.
We go back to this discussion Rin/Izumo is my pair to invest now. I was for Rin/Shiemi, but Rin/Izumo looks like a pair that actually makes sense. Hopefully in the future as the story progresses we see a lot of surprises come to fruit.

Offline The Rulemeister

• Page
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2015, 05:56:03 AM »
What I think kirarin means is that the manga will run for another 21 chapters, at least.

I certainly hope so...How long do monthly mangas last anyhow?

We go back to this discussion Rin/Izumo is my pair to invest now. I was for Rin/Shiemi, but Rin/Izumo looks like a pair that actually makes sense. Hopefully in the future as the story progresses we see a lot of surprises come to fruit.

I hopes to see more romantic elements in the story even if it just revolves around Rin. I think Izumo will be the one to make the first move.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2015, 01:59:40 PM »
I meant to say 21 volumes. That's what i heard not 21 chapters. It would be so short for that. There are still so many unanswered questions and keeps on piling up. With romance,  I guess it might not be a priority. Or it could be a trigger for more battles. Because we all know Rin loves and values his relationships too much.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2015, 02:03:51 PM »
Just sad there's no BonShie. (Secretly prays for katou sensei to add more interaction between the 2)

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »
Just sad there's no BonShie. (Secretly prays for katou sensei to add more interaction between the 2)
Bon and Shiemi? I never thought of that, but I don't see it happening. Seems odd and I feel bad for Bon there is nobody for him lol. At least in the Anime he had the sword maker girl.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2015, 04:49:37 PM »
Don't feel too bad for him. He has shown no inclinations to wanting a relationship, and he could have booked up with one of the girls who asked him out.

I'm pretty sure he's asexual/aromantic. Even the equally-devoted Konekomaru went to the dance with a girl, but Bon doesn't seem starved for girls (or guys) at all.

Offline evenwiththerain

• Junior First Class
  • i dont speak wind
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2015, 08:37:32 PM »
To make you happy, there's a panel where bon is smiling googly at shiemi when they were complimenting how she looked in her uniform, but nothing like rin or shima, but more like koneko.

I agree, bon is very serious and I personally relate, just like tardar said, he could be aromantic.

I do ship him with izumo, but I know deep down that bon is too serious to really be with someone. I guess I ship them for their love-hate relationship. He'd probably prefer shiemi over izumo because she I'm is more kind and tender, which he sees as humble and I guess it works in the monk lifestyle he really likes. Yea

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2015, 03:37:59 AM »
To make you happy, there's a panel where bon is smiling googly at shiemi when they were complimenting how she looked in her uniform, but nothing like rin or shima, but more like koneko.

I agree, bon is very serious and I personally relate, just like tardar said, he could be aromantic.

I do ship him with izumo, but I know deep down that bon is too serious to really be with someone. I guess I ship them for their love-hate relationship. He'd probably prefer shiemi over izumo because she I'm is more kind and tender, which he sees as humble and I guess it works in the monk lifestyle he really likes. Yea
Yea, but who wouldn't eye Shiemi. She's not bad on the design lol. I agree though Shiemi over Izumo for Bon if there was a possibility.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2015, 04:04:47 PM »
If shiemi really ended up as amaimon's bride............. lol im not  complaining. There is just no way shiemi could stomach choosing between her first 2 friends let alone them  being brothers. That's just too much pain. But seriously. I love shipping crack.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:07:58 PM by kirarin »

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2015, 06:09:12 AM »
Wow I just realize something Izumo calls Rin by his first name in Ch. 66. Now I know there is the thing with the Japanese using last name or something like that. I double checked on the translation she does call Rin by his first name.

Offline pknumba1

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2015, 04:29:30 PM »
Wow I just realize something Izumo calls Rin by his first name in Ch. 66. Now I know there is the thing with the Japanese using last name or something like that. I double checked on the translation she does call Rin by his first name.

When the Japanese call each other by their first name, it usually means they know each other well enough for it to become informal.  For instance, two best friend could call each other by their first name and then add "-chan" if they're girls, or "-kun" if they're boys.  Or maybe "-kun" is just what girls use on boys whom they're close to.  If they just use their name without the chan or kun, then the bond is even closer.  I'm slowly learning Japanese terms, so I might be a little off in that area, too. 

Rin calls Izumo by her first name, too.  He also does that with Shiemi, and if I'm not mistaken, he addresses the others that way as well.  I think the only people who address others by their surname are the students calling Yukio "Okumura-sensei" and Shura calls the students by their last name, expect for Rin.

Offline CitraZ

• Page
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2015, 04:48:24 PM »

:o what page? i didnt see it...

Offline Noir

• Page
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »
:o what page? i didnt see it...
In Viz translation it's page 16:

By the way, this situation with names reminds me the moment from chapter 17:
(click to show/hide)
As pknumba1 just said, reference to a person without using any prefixes/honorifics (-chan, -san...) usually means a great intimacy. That's why Izumo got angry, but it seems that she accepted Rin's familiarity for last 50 chapters.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:45:15 PM by Noir »

Offline Kaibutsu

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2015, 08:48:55 PM »
After the recent chapter I'm no longer sure how I feel about IzumoxShima, since Izumo most definitely deserves someone much more honest than him. But I still can't completely ignore them going to see Kinzou's band in that one extra...

Ugh, this is painful.

Also, while I'm on board with the newfound LucyxYukio ship, ToudouxYukio is probably still my OTP crack ship. (Mostly because of that one marvelous cosplay I see on tumblr).