Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 135878 times)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2014, 06:41:03 AM »
Yeah, Shiemi is very sheltered and unfamiliar with this relationship idea. She's probably way too shy. Maybe even worse than Yukio. So unless someone makes the first move, she won't think about it.

Yukio won't make the first move.

Rin would, unless he's convinced she likes Yukio. If she brings it up though, he might want to go further. Otherwise you won't have to worry about her staying out of the way.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
I think Shiemi likes Yukio, but thinks she's too young for being in a relationship. So she's planing on continuing her childish romance until she graduates. Then she'd make a move.

I think Rin knows she likes Yukio. Wasn't that what he meant when he told her "I get it" at the festival?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »
^ Yeah... but just because she likes Yukio doesn't mean she doesn't like Rin. I think she's still pretty unsure of her preference herself, and Rin understood that, so he didn't want to force her to choose.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2014, 08:48:26 AM »
This is why I like the OT3 Rin x Shiemi x Yukio. She outright said she likes Rin, and Katou said "look, this chapter says who Shiemi likes" in one of the interviews. Her crush on Yukio is really obvious, however, yet never outright stated....so does that mean it was a red herring all along?

Shiemi is famous for sending the wrong signals at this point.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »
^I'm sorry but citing sources is necessary for quotes to have any credibility.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »
^ I think tardar is talking about this one.

I wonder what Paku will think about anyone getting together with Rin, since she does seem to have a crush on him:

(Of course we kinda saw it in this page but it's not as good as this:)
...especially when Okumura-san’s smile was cute and she thought he was handsome

This boy who was called Rin, not only he had a special presence, and he always brought along a long sword in a bag, so he could be recognised from far away.

(Eh? So it was Okumura-san……)

Paku’s heart skipped a beat.
Weekend Hero Ch. 2

Though I don't ship it, I'm very curious about this and how she would feel about Rin being with someone else.
I think she's definitely the type who would support the girl, and she seems like she knows Izumo has a secret crush on him buuut...how would she really feel? hmm~

-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline Desktop Warrior

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
Haha, guess I have it easy, with my crack!ship of Shiemi/Shima. Yes, I know it'll never happen, but still. The side benefit is that it avoids all the brother drama crap. Also Ridaiin, but that's for another thread.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2014, 03:51:26 PM »
^ I think tardar is talking about this one.
I was talking about the 'Katou said in an interview' quote.

About Weekend Hero, I've read it and I'm sure "Paku’s heart skipped a beat" at the idea of Izumo being in love with Rin.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »
Haha, guess I have it easy, with my crack!ship of Shiemi/Shima. Yes, I know it'll never happen, but still. The side benefit is that it avoids all the brother drama crap. Also Ridaiin, but that's for another thread.

You know, I can actually imagine Shiemi/Shima easier than Izumo/Shiemi. If there's one person who would be able to forgive Shima, it's her.

Also he didn't spend the whole story creeping her out.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2014, 02:06:56 AM »
@Chino: Go check out the interview she did in Germany. I'm 90% sure the source is in there (she redirects the reader to the page Moon just mentioned, anyway), if it's not in there, it's in one of the more recent volume Q&A  sessions. I thought you'd have read it and remembered.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
^ I never saw it and don't have time to search. It's not like chapters, where there's a chronological order. And I don't read and watch all the interviews and Q&As or tweets, there's way too many.

Anyway, I doubt she said that. Authors always troll people at interviews, they don't sit there explaining parts of the manga that wasn't clear enough.

Up to that point everything showed Shiemi was in love with Yukio and completely oblivious to Rin. Then after being kind of rejected by Yukio, Paku makes her realize Rin loves her. The next day at the festival, she hesitates so Rin tells her "I get it" before going to get Yukio. Then she think to Rin "I like you".
So either she still loves Yukio or she doesn't know who she loves anymore. But she likes Rin for understanding/respecting that.
If she doesn't love Yukio anymore and now loves Rin, why bringing Yukio would make her happy? That would be the guy who just rejected her and the guy she just decided she doesn't love anymore. That doesn't make any sense. If she just decided she loves Rin, she'd tell him, and she would want to be more or less alone with him, at least not along with the guy she just decided she doesn't love anymore.

My cell phone is dying and I got to go.
Maybe I didn't think this through enough, but that's what I saw while reading. I'd like to call the shiping-goggle on people who can't see that, but I'll be fair so I won't.

Offline pnkv12

• Page
  • Just a girl who is deeply in love with AoEx
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »
don't forget ShiemixAmaimon too even though it's the most unlikely to come true. Oh and I'd prefer YukioxF.A (you know... With no one :D ) but YukioxShura so far, got my support.

Edited: Have anyone ever thought about MephistoxShura?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:01:40 PM by pnkv12 »

Offline Desktop Warrior

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2014, 08:02:21 PM »
You know, I can actually imagine Shiemi/Shima easier than Izumo/Shiemi. If there's one person who would be able to forgive Shima, it's her.

Also he didn't spend the whole story creeping her out.

Haha, somehow, I think a lot would be easier than Izumo/Shiemi because of the whole same-sex thing. Unless you meant to say 'Shima' instead of 'Shiemi'?

Up to that point everything showed Shiemi was in love with Yukio and completely oblivious to Rin. Then after being kind of rejected by Yukio, Paku makes her realize Rin loves her. The next day at the festival, she hesitates so Rin tells her "I get it" before going to get Yukio. Then she think to Rin "I like you".
So either she still loves Yukio or she doesn't know who she loves anymore. But she likes Rin for understanding/respecting that.
If she doesn't love Yukio anymore and now loves Rin, why bringing Yukio would make her happy? That would be the guy who just rejected her and the guy she just decided she doesn't love anymore. That doesn't make any sense. If she just decided she loves Rin, she'd tell him, and she would want to be more or less alone with him, at least not along with the guy she just decided she doesn't love anymore.

My cell phone is dying and I got to go.
Maybe I didn't think this through enough, but that's what I saw while reading. I'd like to call the shiping-goggle on people who can't see that, but I'll be fair so I won't.

It's quite a bit more complicated than that. Yukio wasn't 'rejecting' her at that point - he had the role of a teacher at that dance, regardless of his age, so of course he couldn't dance with one of his students. Whatever he may or may not feel about her, that's irrelevant.

I think Rin was just trying to make the best of matters and have the three of them getting along. Which I feel is what Shiemi wants, too: no matter who ends up with whom, I think both her and Rin would like to be comfortable with each other and with Yukio. (Yukio's nii-san complex and mess of feelings are another matter.)

I also think that, because Shiemi is very new to the idea of social interaction, she doesn't always distinguish between friendship and romance. To be fair to her, it's not always easy for other people to do so, either. It's obvious that she's trying to discover what her own feelings are. Complicating it for her is that she couldn't even see Rin had feelings for her until Paku pointed it out herself.

Replying to your last paragraph, A) it's possible to be in love with two people at once, B) different people handle perceived rejection differently, and C) I still say Shiemi wants the three of them to get along, regardless of who's together with who. Even if Shiemi had felt "rejected" by Yukio (which she wasn't because again, teachers are generally not allowed to dance with students at these events and Yukio had to make that clear), it doesn't necessarily mean she'd want nothing to do with him. I also don't think she's firmly decided that she's "in love" with Rin. People don't fall in and out of love that easily. I got the sense that she meant she liked him as more than just a simple friend, though not enough to want to be in an exclusive relationship with him. Does that make sense? Her feelings are muddled, and right now, she just wants to enjoy the dance.

tl;dr romance is complicated and illogical and looking for sense in it is like looking for water on the moon.

Offline Breakingchains49

• Amaimon FANBOY
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »
don't forget ShiemixAmaimon too even though it's the most unlikely to come true. Oh and I'd prefer YukioxF.A (you know... With no one :D ) but YukioxShura so far, got my support.

Edited: Have anyone ever thought about MephistoxShura?

YukioxShura
shura is 26 and yukio is 15.......

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2014, 08:09:47 PM »
It's quite a bit more complicated than that. Yukio wasn't 'rejecting' her at that point - he had the role of a teacher at that dance, regardless of his age, so of course he couldn't dance with one of his students. Whatever he may or may not feel about her, that's irrelevant.
Wasn't that just an excuse? I thought he went on took on that role so he wouldn't have to go with a girl or something.

He expected Shiemi to choose Rin when he rejected her, right? And cursed himself afterwards. Quite frankly, even if he was going to accept - he'd probably still reject her in any case, I think.

But I do agree that Shiemi wants all three to get along, and she's not seeking  for romance in either of them right now.
Which I personally like, because it means you get to watch a friendship possibly grow into something else, which is better than random crushes go straight to relationship, imo.

@breaking chains: Age doesn't matter to some shippers - if they see love that's what they see.

-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account