Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 135963 times)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2014, 02:21:18 AM »
*Laughs so much she dies.*

I like Yukio with Paku too. She's a bit like Shiemi though without the similar studies/hobbies. The thing is, they've never talked. Unless Paku decides to get on the Yukio Okumura Fangirl Stalker bandwagon for some reason. But I think we've heard about it.

Yukio's problem is that he's demisexual and REALLY only interested in Shiemi, he'll not be interested in anyone else for a while. Or else he'd take his pick from literally half the school and move on with his life. I'm not sure if he realizes how popular he is but he has been asked out...(This is the reason people resist Yukishi, he does come off at first as too popular and extremely perfect while Rin is the underdog.)

Offline echo

• Page
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2014, 02:34:24 AM »

and I have the feeling his dislike for Shura is genuine. He relies on her because he has to, but he would develop an ulcer in weeks if he had to be around her all the time.

Though I don't ship'em, I wouldn't call it "dislike". I kind of see it as more of an older and younger sibling interaction.

That's how I see their relationship, too! I thought it was really neat how Shura seemed concerned about the Morinas Contract and spoke up after Yukio left the meeting.

Though I also agree that they would seriously drive each other up the wall if they had to spend a lot of time together - especially if there were no mission to keep them occupied.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:35:57 AM by echo »

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2014, 04:07:02 AM »
*Laughs so much she dies.*

I like Yukio with Paku too. She's a bit like Shiemi though without the similar studies/hobbies. The thing is, they've never talked. Unless Paku decides to get on the Yukio Okumura Fangirl Stalker bandwagon for some reason. But I think we've heard about it.

Yukio's problem is that he's demisexual and REALLY only interested in Shiemi, he'll not be interested in anyone else for a while. Or else he'd take his pick from literally half the school and move on with his life. I'm not sure if he realizes how popular he is but he has been asked out...(This is the reason people resist Yukishi, he does come off at first as too popular and extremely perfect while Rin is the underdog.)

I once read a fic where one of the background ships was Yukio x Paku.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2014, 04:11:54 AM »

I don't mind the idea of them together, but it would really feel like Pair the Spares.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2014, 04:16:30 AM »
To me, it feels like Yukio gets really left out if Rin and Shiemi get together. He might not interfere out of respect for her, and because he has no idea how to handle a relationship with her, but he'd resent it.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2014, 04:26:56 AM »
I think either of them would resent it if Shiemi got with the other. Rin would handle it better, but it would still sting.

If Rin and Yukio ever reconcile and decide to run off together, I hope they dump her for exactly that reason. I know she means well, but if there's one thing that can interfere with the twins' efforts to get closer, it's her. And they really don't need that.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2014, 05:02:08 AM »

I don't mind the idea of them together, but it would really feel like Pair the Spares.

Yeah, it was weird pairing. It was a Rin x Izumo fic and then the secondary pairings were Shiemi x Amaimon and Paku x Yukio.

Paku needs to pair up with Godaiin.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2014, 05:32:13 AM »
Yukio most likely see he's popular but realize they don't know what he's really like. He also has a self esteem problem making him think he's not good enough or not yet. He also has an inferiority complex, namely towards his father and brother. And since Rin is interested in Shiemi he kind have given up, even though he's not at peace with that decision. Also he's busy and still in high school, so like Ryuuji he thinks it's not the right time. And he knew Shiemi for a long time, i.e. he has the feeling he waited a long time already and can wait some more. Especially since she doesn't seem ready for this at all.

I think if they both take care of their problems and have a fair shot at expressing their feelings, neither of them will resent the other. If one is at a disadvantage, he'll regret not having done differently and might resent the other for not giving him more time or something.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »
^ I don't mean resent as in blame them. It's just that they'll probably be uncomfortable for a while seeing their brother and Shiemi together.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »
^But I don't think it should be awkward between the brothers. Only between the one rejected and shiemi, for the time it will take him to give up on her.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2014, 06:12:02 AM »
^ Nah, it will be awkward between the brothers too. It's already awkward between them.

Unless of course their relationship has drastically improved by then, but even then it would take some getting used to.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2014, 06:15:43 AM »
^ You say "Unless of course their relationship has drastically improved by then" and I said "if they both take care of their problems and have a fair shot at expressing their feelings, [...]". So maybe we more or less agree.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2014, 06:19:57 AM »
^ Yeah... but the problem is, fixing their relationship is gonna take some time. So I kinda hope Shiemi stays out of the way for a while there, because it's really something they need to do on their own, and having her around might make things harder.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2014, 06:22:09 AM »
^ I get you. But don't fear, Shiemi is far from getting in a relationship. imo.

Offline siyrean

• Page
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2014, 06:30:42 AM »
while it looks like Rin will get Sheimi simply because he's the main character, I don't like the idea of her basically being a prize. I mean, everything i see leads me to believe she's more interested in Yukio and that Rin until recently, didn't even cross her mind as more than a friend. I also feel it'd be a lot easier for a new character to be introduced that Rin likes than one for Yukio, if she were to want to pair em both off.