Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136139 times)

Offline BrilliantAkane

• Junior Second Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »
I think YukiShi still has a good chance :)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
I look forward to the triangle. YukiShi is a better fit in the long run, though.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »
^yeah I can see more Rin and Shiemi as close friends but Shiemi has harbored A crush to Yukio longer... But dunno ^^"
Plus as A bf Yukio would be reliable if you get past his shell and that he tries to avoid girls (or at least those masses of fangirls in his school)
~魔神の落胤~

Offline MagiValkyria

• Page
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2014, 11:12:42 PM »
I personally don't think Shiemi is a good fit for Yukio, personality wise.
I'm sure he'd be good to her, but a strong-headed intelligent girl would really catch his eye, and IMO we haven't seen anything close to that kind of character.

Offline BrilliantAkane

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »
Shiemi and Rin are my brotp, and maybe Yukio would brood less if he were with Shiemi

Offline MagiValkyria

• Page
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
Shiemi and Rin are my brotp, and maybe Yukio would brood less if he were with Shiemi

xD I could see that.

I dunno, it just doesn't seem to fit with me at all. I see RinShi as this really awkward quirky couple (I suppose I know so many couples like that in real life that remind me of them) and it just works in my head.

YukiShi is adorable and she makes him smile, which is what he needs. I just really would like to see a another character fill in the gap. A girl that's not crazy hot-headed like Shura/Izumo or sickingly sweet and ditzy like Shiemi.

(pssst....is there a thread in a fanworks subforum about submitting original characters to this universe, I love the plot bunnies thread :)

Offline BrilliantAkane

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2014, 11:26:59 PM »
Although I am a proud Rizumo shipper i'd rather have a new girl if Rin were to actually be in a relationship

taking ships so seriously for a shounen manga is still pretty weird for me, but I guess that's another thing that makes ao no exorcist unique from other shounen series

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2014, 12:07:42 AM »
(pssst....is there a thread in a fanworks subforum about submitting original characters to this universe, I love the plot bunnies thread :)

Nope, but feel free to make one.

taking ships so seriously for a shounen manga is still pretty weird for me, but I guess that's another thing that makes ao no exorcist unique from other shounen series

Hahahahahahaha

No. Believe me, this is not unique to Blue Exorcist. Every series has their part of crazy shippers who only seem to care about who ends up with whom. Even shonen that contain barely any romance at all (Attack of Titan, anyone?) spur more discussion/fanart based on shipping than anything else.

This forum is actually really calm in that aspect. Everywhere else I go, shipping threads are among the busiest of the forum, but here people don't really seem to care... which is kind of a relief, honestly (shipping wars are the dread of every forum mod, second only to political discussions. It's one of the reasons why I decided to keep it all in one place, rather than allowing the series of "Shiemi vs Izumo" threads you see on MF etc.).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:22:45 AM by NeeNee »

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2014, 12:13:16 AM »
And I'm glad there isn't shipping wars.
 Everyone seems so chill with other peoples ships, even if they don't agree with it or don't see why it works, here. Nice and refreshing, really.
That or people just don't say anything.
I think here I'm able to experience other peoples ships and be able to experience them a bit, (hell, stuff lke ToudouxYukio I would never have considered, and I may not ship it but I actually have come to like the concept...) whereas in other places you tend to choose your ship(s) and kinda be careful about where you tread...

-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:35 AM »
Agreed, aggressive shipping will get out off hand and be messy..
I kinda rarely ship anything seriously but I have some AnE guilty pleasures~~

//guess who couldn't sleep again... I was here early in morning and now late in night..//
~魔神の落胤~

Offline MagiValkyria

• Page
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2014, 12:38:28 AM »
Never understood why people get aggressive about it.
If it doesn't turn out how you want it to - meh. Just headcannon it out of your personal fandom and go read fanfiction that fulfills what you want. (I have to do this a lot with issues in Harry Potter...oh god...)

Offline Isis-Lied

• Junior Second Class
  • maybe someday i'll finish a fanfic...
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:20 AM »
I don't understand all the hate either; god forbid people have actual opinions on the Internet that are different from your own -.- Though, at least most ANE fans don't fight over pairings/have shipping wars.

Although, there's always someone who has to flame/bash.  A guest reviewer for one of my fics (City of Demons, if anyone's curious and wants to see the review on ff.net) bashed Mephisto/Shura despite it being only a side pairing and not the main pairing of the fic (Rin/Izumo). He/She then tried to prove that Mephisto was already married because one of his aliases was Loki. And then implied I was stupid just for liking the pairing and my only saving grace was that I shipped Rin/Izumo. Like seriously? Sorry, ranting aside, I hate when people bash other people's pairings.

I really hope this person isn't on this forum/lurking around
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." -Serbian Proverb

Offline MagiValkyria

• Page
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2014, 12:56:03 AM »
Am I a bad person for almost wanting to see a major character death (perhaps any one of the ExWires?) just to shake things up in the hetero shipping spectrum?

Offline BrilliantAkane

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2014, 01:20:28 AM »
Oh sorry actually what I meant was that it's weird because in all of the shounen series i've read/seen it sucks having an otp in it because the closest they'll ever get is a hug, but in Blue Exorcist I think at least one ship will come true or at least that's my opinion anyway.. sorry if i'm not being very clear it's hard to explain

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2014, 01:44:41 AM »
As a survivor of the Bleach Flame wars, I was actually happy to see none bashed me for supporting something not-so-popular as RinIzu.

I remember when I was active within the IchiRuki fanbase, the other IchiRuki hated me because I wanted peace with the IchiHime... and the IchiHime hated me because I was IchiRuki... and god forbid I disagreed about an IchiRuki theory.