Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 136167 times)

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2014, 04:31:38 AM »
I just noticed a problem in our Lighting x Yuri ship: she was already an exorcist when she got pregnant. She was the same rank as Yukio if I remember correctly...

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2014, 04:38:33 AM »
Actually she was a Junior Second Class, the lowest rank.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2014, 04:44:49 AM »
Actually she was a Junior Second Class, the lowest rank.

You are right!

That's why I originally came up with her being 15 when she got pregnant, I was assuming she had just taken the meister exam.

Then my whole theory remains the same, just that she gets pregnant after becoming a exorcist:

Yuri: Yes! I'm finally an exorcist! Now I will go get myself assigned alongside Light and my father will no longer get in the way of our love.

(random guy burst into blue flames)

Yuri: Well, f***!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:51:51 AM by MetallicArcher »

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
  • Not gonna be very active anymore <3
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2014, 04:07:19 AM »
I feel like I'm the only person who has mentioned the GL between Shiemi and Izumo and I want to bring it up again! In chapter 50 there was a cute send off with Paku leaving Izumo in Shiemi's care.

I think ShieIzu deserves honorable mention! I get so bummed about people fighting over the main heroines and having to pick one. I like them both!

Other GL pairings, .... really no other ones that stick out strongly but I kind of was interested in Shura/Mamushi. Not like they had any interaction or anything notable, just sort of sparked my interest because snake themes. ( `ヮ´) But I still like JuuMamu a lot more.
Any one else like the GL?
Saying Toudou's name summons me

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2014, 06:04:27 AM »
ShiemiXIzumo can't work, IMO. Shiemi is too oblivious and Izumo is too ... tsundere. So there's no one to make the first move. It would take way too much time before anything happens. =___ =

I think PakuXShiemi or PakuXIzumo have more chances.

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
  • Not gonna be very active anymore <3
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2014, 06:40:39 AM »
ShiemiXIzumo can't work, IMO. Shiemi is too oblivious and Izumo is too ... tsundere. So there's no one to make the first move. It would take way too much time before anything happens. =___ =
I don't think Shiemi is that oblivious with Izumo. I think she always wanted to befriend her and Izumo is tsundere towards everyone but we're finally getting to her baggage so after this arc she might be less tsundere. Besides, I don't mind the wait. I know that the ship won't really be canonized but I look forward to them becoming friends.
Coincidentally, I thought that Maria Yoshida (the illuminati woman who found Izumo) looks very similar to Shiemi. Maybe that had something to do with her initial feelings to Shiemi.
Saying Toudou's name summons me

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2014, 07:02:58 AM »
EVERYONE thinks Maria Yoshida looks scary similar to Shiemi, so much that we were inventing crack theories about her being Shiemi's aunt, and Shiemi's father being part of the Illuminati. That was fun.

Offline Dimwit

• His Majesty's Secret Service
  • Exwire
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2014, 07:47:07 AM »
Any one else like the GL?

*raises hand*

I've been thinking of Paku and Izumo as a potential couple (although it will never be canonized) since the Esquire exam, with Izumo's flustered exclamation that Paku is special to her (and Paku doing a little dance every time she's alone with Izumo? Seriously? Too cute! >w<). What bothers me there is that I can't get it out of my head that Paku could be the other Illuminati spy, but that probably belongs under the Crack Theories thread.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:08 AM »
One in Japan, two in the Vatican. Don't worry, I think we're safe. Everyone -ever- sees the lesbianism between Izumo and Paku. Everyone. It is the butt of many jokes.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2014, 07:55:53 AM »
I don't think Shiemi is that oblivious with Izumo. I think she always wanted to befriend her and Izumo is tsundere towards everyone but we're finally getting to her baggage so after this arc she might be less tsundere. Besides, I don't mind the wait. I know that the ship won't really be canonized but I look forward to them becoming friends.
I think Shiemi is extremely oblivious towards everyone and everything. She didn't even realize Izumo was bullying her or insulting her. That makes their interactions interesting somehow, but I don't see this work for a romantic relationship.
Tsundere needs people who can see behind their mask. Someone as oblivious as Shiemi doesn't even see the mask, let alone see behind it.

And Izumo won't stop being tsundere. xD
But she might go from tsun to dere. That's the point of tsundere, no?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:57:57 AM by chinonamida »

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2014, 09:21:13 AM »
Can anyone in that class see behind her mask, except Paku? This is why I can't see her working out with Rin, with Bon, and Yukio ignores her/isn't interested...Shima probably can, but that's a whole separate thing (hurry up and expand Shima already!! I want to see if I'm right about him.)

Offline Dimwit

• His Majesty's Secret Service
  • Exwire
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »
One in Japan, two in the Vatican. Don't worry, I think we're safe.

The talk concerned spies that had infiltrated the Order, and Lightning said there was one spy in the Japanese branch. Paku isn't among the exorcist trainees. Theeeeeen again I know I have a habit of being overly suspicious. x') Just thought that Paku was so very eager to be Izumo's friend back when they were kids, against all odds and discouragement and the Illuminati might assign someone to watch Izumo while in Inari, and let Paku pull back as a sleeper agent in regular school when the watcher duty was passed on to Shima.

Everyone -ever- sees the lesbianism between Izumo and Paku. Everyone. It is the butt of many jokes.

Is that surprising? They do behave like closet lesbians who haven't yet confessed to one another because they're not sure the other feels the same, or not sure if the other is lesbian. Personal experience speaking.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »
Can anyone in that class see behind her mask, except Paku? This is why I can't see her working out with Rin, with Bon, and Yukio ignores her/isn't interested...Shima probably can, but that's a whole separate thing (hurry up and expand Shima already!! I want to see if I'm right about him.)
Ryuuji called her out on it in chapter 6. If he thought driving people away was what she really wanted, there would be no reason to point it out, IMO. Koneko said it straight out in chapter 43. And Rin, the way he acts towards her looks like he understands. He always look right past her antics and thanks her for washing his shirt or trying to cheer him up. ... Actually, Renzou is the only one I wasn't sure about. He was acting like, he liked her that way (while she was doing everything she could to make him not like her). Yukio is smart. He probably recognize a tsundere when he sees one.

Offline chaotickairos

• Exwire
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »
Excellent, we need more lesbians. I am all for Shiemi/Izumo. After all, it is a scientifically proven fact that more lesbians makes every story significantly better.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
Ryuuji called her out on it in chapter 6. If he thought driving people away was what she really wanted, there would be no reason to point it out, IMO. Koneko said it straight out in chapter 43. And Rin, the way he acts towards her looks like he understands. He always look right past her antics and thanks her for washing his shirt or trying to cheer him up. ... Actually, Renzou is the only one I wasn't sure about. He was acting like, he liked her that way (while she was doing everything she could to make him not like her). Yukio is smart. He probably recognize a tsundere when he sees one.

I think Bon said it with more intention to hurt her (they were angry at each other) than to call her up.

As for Koneko, he was calling everyone out, I don't think he did it with any particular intention of her becoming closer, it was more along the line of "be professional".

Rin is really interested to grow closer to Izumo, as a friend at least. He did use to think bad of her because of how she treated Shiemi but after seeing her cry he saw her other side and since the "train chat"  he got even more of an interest in socializing with her (and I guess now even more after learning about her past).

Don't bring the backstabber up.

I'm not sure Yukio is that interested in Izumo, even less now with all his personal drama. He will probably at least try to give her kidnap a more "business approach".