Rin/Paku
Rin/a new girl
Yukio/Shiemi
Yukio/Shura
Izumo/Renzou
Izumo/Bon
Arthur/Shura
Arthur/Caliburn

Author Topic: Shipping Thread!  (Read 135836 times)

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
Re: Shipping Thread!
« Reply #705 on: September 04, 2018, 02:44:27 PM »
Oof, I don't think the parallels are there. Rin and Shiemi agree on the basics, and I could never see either of them raising a hand to each other. They're heart-on-the-sleeve kind of people. Very different from Yuri and Shiro, who are polar opposites. Shiro thinks of only himself and hurts others without regard. Yuri thinks only of helping others to an extreme. Not killing any demons in an exorcist exam? That's almost as excessive as Shiro "blow 'em all up" Fujimoto.

Rin, not Yukio, is like Shiro - both Kuro and Bons dad could see that - and Rin saw that Yuri was like Shiemi, thus the parallels, and that scene in the garden area really did remind me of Rin and Shiemi.

Pardon. I meant that past Shiro doesn't remind me of current Rin. Shiro in the flashback so far is an absolute douche, a jerkwad, an asshole at this age. He spent at least 21 years pushing people away, and hurting people who just had the temerity to bug him. He only went to talk to Yuri because he was enraged that she called him weak. Because he couldn't punch her, he resorted to justifying himself.

That scene in the garden area was nothing like Rin and Shiemi's first meeting. Rin wasn't angry at Shiemi and the only discord was from him accidentally breaking her gate. They quickly made up and were nice to each other. The foundation of RinShi is solid, based on trust and mutual support. YuriShiro is nowhere near as solid, and only started happening because of accidental emotional vulnerability on Shiro's part that he did not intend as romantic.

Past Shiro is similar to past Rin, when Rin was confused and getting into fights because he didn't know what he wanted to do in life. Shiro told kid Rin that if he kept fighting/attacking other people, "you're going to end up all alone", which now looks like a direct reference to what Yuri told him.

Current Rin's more like what Shiro became late in life. That's when Kuro and Bon's dad met him, when Shiro had gained some moral fiber (well, as much of a moral fiber involved in being a thief threatening to destroy temples). That's why they see parallels. Don't forget Shura, who knew Shiro before then, who remarked "Rin has a kind heart... Shiro, did you really raise him?" AKA the idea that Shiro could raise someone friendly was surprising to her, because she knew him to be a jerkish but strong asshole growing up. It's half the reason she got so angry with Shiro when he asked her to teach Rin how to use a sword, because he'd gone "soft".

Finally, Katou made it explicit in her interviews (translated by facets):

I did try to make sure [Shirō] had something in common with both Rin and Yukio. I sometimes show Yukio thinking that Rin is like Shirō, but Yukio is a lot like Shirō himself. I want people to feel that both of the twins were influenced by him.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Mayhem950

• Page
« Reply #706 on: September 04, 2018, 07:00:22 PM »
I never really join in discussions, mainly for the fact I actually don't like debating, because I don't like stepping on anyone's toes over my perspective and proving who's right or wrong, but gonna add a bit of a different perspective to why there's a comparison of Rin/Shiemi to Shiro/Yuri, for me it's not in thinking they are ACTUALLY similar ships.

I think there is a slight misconception with the comparison some of us are making between Rin/Shiemi and Shiro/Yuri, they aren’t similar per se in dynamic of how they treat each other, but there are specific moments meant to parallel scenes that have happened with Rin and Shiemi (like when Yuri called Shiro warm/hugged him, was totally meant to parallel that scene Shiemi called Rin's "flames" warm, or in the new chapter Yuri being rather straightforward saying she likes Shiro, Which similarily Rin did with Shiemi and both got rejected more or less) paralleling things doesn’t automatically equal the dynamics being exactly the same, plus Shiro/Yuri is kinda set up to be seen as a “tragedy” and how to do things the wrong way, it's not supposed to be seen as ideal
which in contrast Rin/Shiemi is a “happy” or more so happier story, about defying the odds and how to do things right. that’s the only parts I really compare the two ships, not sure how others perceive that though.

there are toxic things about Shiro/Yuri, which is clearly NOT the case with Rin/Shiemi since they are a very healthy and beautiful friendship/relationship.

in summary, I feel yes, in aspect yes there is parallels between both ships, but they are also meant to contrast each other in showing "this is the healthy way to do this, and this one is not"

Shiro/Yuri's dynamic will, of course, change as we learn of the past, so my perspective can change, but so far this is how I see things.

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #707 on: October 20, 2018, 07:04:37 AM »
there are toxic things about Shiro/Yuri, which is clearly NOT the case with Rin/Shiemi since they are a very healthy and beautiful friendship/relationship.

in summary, I feel yes, in aspect yes there is parallels between both ships, but they are also meant to contrast each other in showing "this is the healthy way to do this, and this one is not"

Shiro/Yuri's dynamic will, of course, change as we learn of the past, so my perspective can change, but so far this is how I see things.
Interestingly, in chapter 104 the story advance 9 more years and it doesn't seem like the relationship between Shiro and Yuri had any fundamental change despite hanging out together in their youth age. Of course, Yuri is still relatively young (around 25) at this moment and it's still possible in the next chapter Kato will say that in the past 9 years they had tried dating for a few times, but I wonder if the kiss in chapter 103 is already the highest moment of their dynamic.

Offline tandem

« Reply #708 on: November 13, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »

Interestingly, in chapter 104 the story advance 9 more years and it doesn't seem like the relationship between Shiro and Yuri had any fundamental change despite hanging out together in their youth age. Of course, Yuri is still relatively young (around 25) at this moment and it's still possible in the next chapter Kato will say that in the past 9 years they had tried dating for a few times, but I wonder if the kiss in chapter 103 is already the highest moment of their dynamic.
And 1 more year passed in chapter 105. Nothing seems really happened between them even after Rick explicitly reminded Shiro. The ship seems sink ...

Offline Mayhem950

• Page
« Reply #709 on: November 18, 2018, 08:58:32 AM »

And 1 more year passed in chapter 105. Nothing seems really happened between them even after Rick explicitly reminded Shiro. The ship seems sink ...

I don't come on here often, but um, gonna have to disagree here. them getting closer as friends DID change the dynamic with Shiro and Yuri, because while he's still an asshole they have a legit friendship and imo seems like even all those years she's had a lingering romantic interest in him.

and the new chapter did add to that, Rick brought that up and while not blatant, Shiro and Satan's rivalry isn't completely one-sided. Shiro whatever feelings he possibly has for Yuri is very hidden and he just ignores it, he does that with most real deep feelings for others or emotions in general and plays things off like it's not a big deal (like his traumatic childhood when he tried to backtrack and say it wasn't a big deal)

he's big on playing what he really feels that's deep off, which adds to him just sleeping around and not getting close to anyone for so long. some things changed, but I do believe he feels something for Yuri and this chapter reinforced that for me with him telling Yuri not to help Sec13 because she could get hurt, him volunteering to help her with Rinka when no one else would, and how immature he acted in the Satan situation, etc. he showed he cares more about what's going on with Yuri than he originally let on.

this is where it gets complicated, I interpret he DOES also have lingering feelings for Yuri he just ignores, and you interpret he doesn't. both is fine to do, but I honestly think the buildup Kato is doing in showing that kiss and Satan's jealously wouldn't be shown if there was nothing more to it.

but as I said, just how I see it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 09:03:06 AM by Mayhem950 »

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #710 on: November 30, 2018, 02:43:59 AM »
though yukio's bitter in way other aspects. haha e.g. more on ability and power;  it's just sad that i feel he got robbed of shiemi too. she lost him and he lost her. aahh well. at least there's baby shark with him in the lab

Offline Karen

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #711 on: December 28, 2018, 05:29:06 AM »
though yukio's bitter in way other aspects. haha e.g. more on ability and power;

Which, to my mind, leaves no room for either goodness or love. You're right, just like Satan. So, no point in shipping Yukio with anybody.

it's just sad that i feel he got robbed of shiemi too. she lost him and he lost her. aahh well. at least there's baby shark with him in the lab

*Shrugs* You can't lose what you never had in the first place. And yeah, there's always baby shark. 🙄

Offline tandem

« Reply #712 on: December 27, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »
Near the end of the past arc, maybe we should also put Satan x Yuri as one of the ship in this manga.

With the fact that Satan actually killed Yuri's family, this ship becomes extremely horrifying. But Satan still kept saying how much he loves Yuri, despite Yuri probably couldn't accept this kind of love anymore.

I just wonder what kind of conclusion Kato will give us about Satan-Yuri relationship. Or maybe one day Rin will have a conversation with Satan about what love should be.

Offline tandem

« Reply #713 on: March 07, 2020, 03:42:29 PM »
Near the end of the past arc, maybe we should also put Satan x Yuri as one of the ship in this manga.

With the fact that Satan actually killed Yuri's family, this ship becomes extremely horrifying. But Satan still kept saying how much he loves Yuri, despite Yuri probably couldn't accept this kind of love anymore.

I just wonder what kind of conclusion Kato will give us about Satan-Yuri relationship. Or maybe one day Rin will have a conversation with Satan about what love should be.
^ After chapter 119 I guess we won't see Satan or Yuri for a while, but the ending is quite interesting. There is some possibility that Yuri might still be able to talk to Satan (or even Shiro) in the Gehenna afterwards, depending on how Kato plans to do. Mephisto made a short summary in this chapter. Her intention is for the world but the result is a failure. But I doubt the net result is zero. Satan clearly remembers and understands what Yuri said, although he doesn't agree. There should be some impact left.

Offline minerva

• Page
« Reply #714 on: March 28, 2022, 12:18:26 PM »
Guidance for Advancing Your Hotel Career
For those with an interest in lodging vocations, there are various ways of sticking out and upgrade both your present moment and long haul possibilities. Catering colleges in palakkad Whether you are simply beginning, or keeping watch inn the executives position, there are dependably things you can do to support your possibilities getting the work you need.

Offline FrankJScott

• FrankJScottZZ
Top Rated Dog Behaviour Advice
« Reply #715 on: August 07, 2022, 02:27:38 PM »
To the person asking about tail chasing behavior in dogs, dog behaviour at 18 months, random aggressive dog behavior, russell terrier behavior, dog suddenly changed behavior, teenage dog behavior,  I highly suggest this recommended dog behaviour link or maltese dog behaviour, dog dominance behavior, best behaviour dog training services, stress behaviors in dogs, stressed dog behaviour, cognitive behaviour in dogs, not to mention this top rated dog behaviour advice on top of normal behaviour for a dog, whippet behaviour, dog food behaviour problems, territorial behavior in dogs, mouthing behavior in dogs, dog greeting behaviour, on top of this great dog behaviour blog which is also great. Also have a look at this updated dog behaviour url and don't forget american staffy behaviour problems, 14 week puppy behaviour, best barking behaviour, dogs strange behavior, hungarian vizsla dogs behaving badly, maltese behaviors, as well as this useful dog behaviour details on top of stress behaviors in dogs, very badly behaved dogs, spaniel behaviour, puppy digging behavior, dog nesting behaviour, dog excessive sniffing behaviour, on top of high rated dog behaviour advice which is also worth a look. I also recommend this recommended dog behaviour tips on top of james carroll dog behaviour, rottweiler behaviour, dog training and behaviour courses, male unneutered dog behavior, labrador naughty behaviour, dog behaviour boot camp, not to mention this updated dog behaviour forum and don't forget behaviour training for dogs near me, miniature dachshund behaviour, erratic behaviour in dogs, dachshund puppies behavior, animo behaviour and activity tracker, dog behavior suddenly changed, and don't forget excellent dog behaviour url which is also great. Finally, have a look at this awesome dog behaviour url for good measure. Check more New Dog Behaviour Site 5e02291

Offline FrankJScott

• FrankJScottZZ
New Injury Lawyer Site
« Reply #716 on: August 07, 2022, 10:32:31 PM »
In reply to the person talking about injury lawyers 4 you, top rated personal injury lawyers, personal injury defense lawyer near me, best injury lawyer near me, brain and spine injury lawyer, accident and injury lawyers near me,  I highly recommend this new injury lawyer site or fort worth injury lawyer, car accident property damage lawyer near me, injury attorneys in my area, finance buzz car insurance, usaa boat loan, injury attorney near me, alongside all this awesome injury attorney url as well as local personal injury lawyers, personal injury attorneys providence, finance services and insurance, medicare financing, alabama injury lawyer, personal injury accident lawyer near me, not to mention this recommended accident attorney site which is also great. Also have a look at this high rated injury attorney info and don't forget best auto injury attorney near me, sidewalk accident lawyer bronx, personal injury lawyer new mexico, owner financing and homeowners insurance, personal injury lawyers in, geico auto loan, as well as this awesome accident attorney forum and don't forget local personal injury lawyers, queens bicycle accidents attorney, local injury lawyers, best personal injury attorney near me, manhattan personal injury lawyer, motorcycle accident lawyer long beach, and don't forget best injury lawyer advice which is also worth a look. I also recommend this awesome injury lawyer forum as well as amica loan, principal financial group insurance, allen allen allen & allen law firm, geico finance, personal injury assault lawyer, san antonio injury attorney, on top of this high rated accident attorney forum and don't forget catastrophic injury lawyers, dan newlin law firm, personal injury attorney lawyer, queens birth injury attorneys, top personal injury law firms, lawyer for accident at work, as well as best injury lawyer details which is also great. Finally, have a look at this best injury attorney blog for good measure. Check more Excellent Nft Collateral Advice ac157ce

Offline FrankJScott

• FrankJScottZZ
Updated Heating Service Tips
« Reply #717 on: August 08, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »
In reply to the lady asking about mobile home furnace repair, heating & air, best hvac contractors near me, mini split heating and cooling, abc heating and air conditioning, hvac heating and cooling,  I highly suggest this useful heating service details or geothermal home heating and cooling, complete comfort heating and cooling, my guy heating and air, comfort air conditioning and heating, navien heating system, heat pump maintenance, on top of this top heating service advice alongside all old york heating and cooling, comfort solutions heating and cooling, best hvac repair near me, propane heater repair, heating and air conditioning near me, hvac companies, as well as this top heating service blog which is also great. Also have a look at this great heating service link and don't forget local hvac, heat pump repairs near me, patricks heating and cooling, marshall's heating, air care heating and cooling, heating and cooling air conditioner, as well as this high rated heating service site and don't forget heat care, electric boiler installation, empire heating systems, williams heating and air, hvac commercial, master heating and cooling, on top of top rated heating service advice which is also worth a look. I also recommend this great heating service link not to mention main heating, metro heating and air, on heating air, heating ductwork, ac tune up, commercial hvac contractors near me, and don't forget this best heating service link as well as magna air conditioning & heating, furnace inspection, plumbing & heating near me, conejo valley heating and air, air source heat pump servicing near me, anthony's heating and cooling, and don't forget awesome heating service blog which is also great. Finally, have a look at this high rated heating service link for good measure. Check more Top Heating Service Tips dd37_2a

Offline FrankJScott

• FrankJScottZZ
Recommended Heating Service Tips
« Reply #718 on: August 08, 2022, 05:57:24 PM »
In reply to the man asking about star plumbing and heating, geothermal heat pump installation, york heating and cooling, oil central heating, central heating repairs, bud anderson heating and cooling,  I highly recommend this awesome heating service forum or heating cooling, furnace repair company, oil boiler servicing, gas boiler engineer near me, oil central heating engineers near me, best hvac repair near me, not to mention this top heating service link as well as lennox heating, furnace inspection, geothermal heating system, emergency ac repair near me, allen heating and air, ac plumbing, and don't forget this top heating service details which is also great. Also have a look at this high rated heating service link on top of moore heating and cooling, flushing central heating system, bell heating and air, scott lee heating and cooling, brennan heating and air, comfort plumbing, not to mention this excellent heating service advice as well as 24 hour heating repair near me, residential hvac repair, folkes heating, hvac and plumbing, heater repair, mini split maintenance, on top of high rated heating service blog which is also worth a look. I also suggest this top rated heating service site not to mention gills plumbing, ductless heating and cooling units, cooling and heating, empire heating systems, home comfort heating, air pro heating and cooling, not to mention this best heating service url as well as heating engineer near me, aksarben heating and air, ac repair near me, pj plumbing and heating, 24 hour heating and air conditioning repair near me, gas heating engineer near me, on top of high rated heating service forum which is also great. Finally, have a look at this great heating service site for good measure. Check more Best Accident Attorney Tips 57cef7d

Offline FrankJScott

• FrankJScottZZ
Great Workflow Management Details
« Reply #719 on: August 10, 2022, 03:18:50 PM »
For the man inquiring about awd workflow system, basic workflow software, workflow management in sap, open product management workflow, bpm workflow engine, azure workflow management,  I highly recommend this useful workflow management site or vim sap workflow, workflow clickup, best workflow management software, workflow tools, adobe workflow management software, workflow ticketing system, on top of this recommended workflow management advice alongside all workflowmax lead manager, workflow app control, change management workflow, microsoft workflow manager, python workflow management system, simple workflow manager, as well as this top workflow management advice which is also great. Also have a look at this top workflow management blog on top of using sharepoint for workflow management, oracle hcm cloud approval workflow, best jira workflow, open source process management, financial workflow management, wrike change default workflow, not to mention this excellent workflow management tips not to mention jira change management workflow, easy workflow software, workflow management software gartner, field service management workflow, workflow software open source, contract management workflow automation, not to mention top rated workflow management tips which is also worth a look. I also recommend this useful workflow management info as well as account management workflow, workflow inventory management, sharepoint contract management workflow, lims workflow, wrike custom workflows, filemaker workflow management, not to mention this awesome workflow management url alongside all workflow time management, google business process management, netsuite workflow management, servicenow ppm workflow, manage workflows for purchase orders, inventory workflow, not to mention useful workflow management info which is also great. Finally, have a look at this great workflow management blog for good measure. Check more Top Rated Septic Tank Tips 2_d25ed