Author Topic: True forms of demons  (Read 18923 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
True forms of demons
« on: March 18, 2013, 12:01:04 AM »
This post inspired me to make a new topic:

^ I can't wait to see [Amainmon's] completely unsealed self - I reckon we're in for a dragon or something simmilar. Something awesomely lizardy! I wonder what Mephisto's is like . . . a giant dog? If Rin ever became truly unsealed/demonfied, I guess he'd just be pure flame

I do wonder what they are like. I believe we already saw a pic somewhere of what people thought might be Satan's true form... but nothing on Mephisto. I can't really imagine what he'd look like, but a lizard seems kind of unfitting.

For Rin, I believe he'd look more like he does when he's loosing himself, with big teeth and long nails. Those things aren't part of his 'normal' released form, but they come out when the power of his flames takes over. I imagine it'd get worse when he's actually in Gehenna.

Offline Paradox

• Intermediate Second Class
  • "Despite everything, it's still you."
Re: True forms of demons
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »
I believe we already saw a pic somewhere of what people thought might be Satan's true form...
Did you mean this?
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v01/c001/2.html
That...what is that? A cow? Horse?

And I found this scene:
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c031/3.html
According to Shura, this form is the true form of the Impure King. Isn't that odd? A full demon in Assiah.

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »
^ That might have been why Shura was so suprised.
That makes me think. Maybe demons can't show their true form when they are possessing a human? I mean, Coal Tar are possessing fungi, but they seem rather creature-like anyway, but if someone like Amaimon try to transform he just hurts his host.

Offline GolPhee

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »
It's one of the questions I'm hoping will be answered - Mephisto certainly implied that we'l be getting a more detailed explanation of how humans and demons/ Assiah and Gehenna work in this universe. As previously mentioned, we've seen the true forms of demons even though the series itself says that they can't have one outside of Gehenna.

That pic on Satan is certainly interesting. We've sort of been shown Satan here: http://www.mangapanda.com/ao-no-exorcist/39/33 although personally I can't tell whether the author is breaking the fourth wall and censoring it from the reader, or if Mephisto himself is censoring Satan from Rin.

Also, whilst we've seen Rin get pretty crazy, something tells me we still haven't seen everything he's got demon-form-wise. Since he's got control of his flames and can fight with his sword whenever he feels like it even though we're not even halfway through the series he must have further abilities to develop, or else what's he going to spend the rest of the series doing? Studying?
Not to mention he'll need more power than what he currently has to stand a hope in hell of beating Satan, given that an only semi-transformed Amaimon owned him.

Meh. Brain diarrhea  :-X

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 08:05:32 PM »
That pic on Satan is certainly interesting. We've sort of been shown Satan here: http://www.mangapanda.com/ao-no-exorcist/39/33 although personally I can't tell whether the author is breaking the fourth wall and censoring it from the reader, or if Mephisto himself is censoring Satan from Rin.
The censored person is mincemeat-ed Rin.

Rin doesn't have that good control over his flames, he can only not burn everything to ashes if he really concentrates. He can't use too much power without help of other demon (Ucchusma) and when he does, he either goes berserk or passes out later. He still can't burn candles. Amaimon can beat him. He still discovers additional demon powers like sensing demons or exploding them from the inside. Plus, there's still a lot of exorcist stuff to learn if he wants to become a paladin.

Offline GolPhee

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 09:04:10 PM »
The censored person is mincemeat-ed Rin.

Geez I suck at interpreting manga. >.< Thanks for clearing that up

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 09:19:19 PM »
I believe we already saw a pic somewhere of what people thought might be Satan's true form...
Did you mean this?
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v01/c001/2.html
That...what is that? A cow? Horse?
I have no idea, but it's got big claws and looks scary. That's good enough to make it the-most-promising-picture-so-far in my eyes.

And I found this scene:
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v08/c031/3.html
According to Shura, this form is the true form of the Impure King. Isn't that odd? A full demon in Assiah.
Maybe 'true form' generally refers to the most evolved form in Assiah? I don't think humans are confronted with Gehennian forms very often, so they might just have a different vocabulary than Satan.

Don't forget, Rin has a whole shopping list of human and demon forms, so I doubt anyone has bothered to invent names for all of them. When talking about his 'demon form' though, people usually mean his Assiah full-demon form. I don't think the existence of a (potential) Gehenna full-demon form is common knowledge.

I once wrote a list of them on MF...

- sealed/normal human form (powers sealed by KK): not quite as human as you'd think, given that he could lift a car at age 10-12. Still, good enough to fool almost everyone including himself.
- half-awakened human form (KK's control slipping): still human-looking, but can see demons. Seems to have occured spontaneously after Rin reached a certain age.
- full-awakened human form (KK's control slipping more): still human-looking, but can see demons & cast blue flames. Awakened by mortal danger.
- sealed/normal half-demon form (seal broken, but KK sheated): half-human looking, with full tail, but relatively unnoticeable ears and fangs. Awakened by drawing KK for the first time.
- released half-demon / Assiah full-demon form (KK unsheated): quite demon looking, with tail, long airs and fangs. Archieved by drawing KK (stays as long as the sword is unsheated).
- Gehenna full-demon form? (in Gehenna): Satan suggested that Rin would take on another form upon moving to Gehanna. However, we haven't seen it yet, nor do we have any confirmation that it exists.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:23:25 PM by NeeNee »

Offline Paradox

• Intermediate Second Class
  • "Despite everything, it's still you."
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
Is a full-demon form (Gehenna mod) even possible? Doesn't it mean Rin would have to leave (or destroy?) his body like Mephisto and Amaimon? Or will it be just a transformation?
I'm really exciting when they will be going to Gehenna. What will happen to Rin (half-demon)? To Yukio (almost half-demon)? To an ordinary person (for example Shiemy)? Questions upon questions.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
^ Good questions. At this point, we don't even know if demons have a real body, so it's hard to say anything about it. I hope Kazue will tell us more soon.

I adapted the list of demon forms for Yukio:
- sealed/normal human form (powers sealed by KK): not quite as human as you'd think, given that he could lift a car at age 10-12. Still, good enough to fool almost everyone including himself.
- half-awakened human form (KK's control slipping): still human-looking, but can see demons. Seems to have occured spontaneously after Rin reached a certain age been present since birth or shortly after.
- full-awakened human form (KK's control slipping more): still human-looking, but can see demons & cast blue flames has blue flames in his eyes. Awakened by mortal danger.
- sealed/normal half-demon form? (seal broken, but KK sheated): half-human looking, with full tail, but relatively unnoticeable ears and fangs. Awakened by drawing KK for the first time.
- released half-demon / Assiah full-demon form? (powers not sheated by KK): quite demon looking, with tail, long airs and fangs. Archieved by drawing KK (stays as long as the sword is unsheated).
- Gehenna full-demon form? (in Gehenna): Satan suggested that Rin would take on another form upon moving to Gehenna. However, we haven't seen it yet, nor have we had any confirmation that it exists.
If we assume he was a demon from the start, it's possible that seeing demons came with the blood and that Shiro wrongly assumed it was the result of a mashou. Also, since he doesn't have a seal (as far as we know), I guess he won't be able to go back and forth between normal and activated half-demon like Rin does.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:25:17 PM by NeeNee »

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
New info: on the last page of volume 10, Amaimon says he's been using this body (the human one) for a 1000 years.

... Which doesn't make much sense, honestly, because his demon profile in volume 3 mentioned that he is currently occupying the body of a human man and acclimating to the world of Assiah. So either Assiah takes a mighty long time getting used to, or Kazue forgot what she wrote earlier.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 10:36:25 PM »
I wonder...can demons leave the body they are hosting and come back to it...?
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 10:39:38 PM »
I would like to know how they can make the things last for centuries in the first place.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 10:43:29 PM »
True, indeed. Especially with someone like Amaimon, or Mephisto - if Satan can barely last then wouldn't that mean the body they are hosting will eventually begin to be worn down? ._.
Unless for the princes their powers allow them to make the bodies last longer....

Youtube account

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 12:53:38 AM »
Perhaps the human body just stops aging when a demon possesses it. Demons can live longer than humans, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 12:56:42 AM »
Possibly, but why would Satan be the only one (that we know of anyways) who can't stay in Assiah in a possessed body for very long?

Youtube account