Author Topic: True forms of demons  (Read 18921 times)

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
Re: True forms of demons
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »
It was way back then but his eyes were no where near as sharp as Mephisto's. Now they're nearly identical

It's meant to be used a last resort but it's Rin only form of attack. Sure, he has superhuman strength  but I think that would be too messy for him lol The only thing making him survive fighting with his sword is his enemies not knowing the heart is inside, only person he fought that knew was Amaimon

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »
The slit pupils when sword-drawn seems to date back to the first chapter.
Wasn't the first time he had slit pupils in chapter 4 with the reaper? And his sword wasn't even drawn.

It was way back then but his eyes were no where near as sharp as Mephisto's. Now they're nearly identical
I wonder if it could have something to do with the ambient light; like it actualy does for real animals with slit pupils.
Maybe the more flames there is, the more blinding light there is and the more narrow his pupils are.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2016, 11:11:36 PM »
I wonder if it could have something to do with the ambient light; like it actualy does for real animals with slit pupils.
Maybe the more flames there is, the more blinding light there is and the more narrow his pupils are.

Could be.

Also, Hi! @chino, it's been a while.

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2016, 11:01:13 AM »

That is probably right, would tie in with the fact that the more flames he uses the more demonic his appearance becomes. Like his horns streak back and become longer, his teeth get more jagged and is it just me or does his ears also get bigger too?

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2016, 09:27:02 PM »
^Don't give me too much credit, I was half joking.

It's true some demon traits seem to amplify along with how much power they use.

And about Rin's powers still somewhat being sealed, I agree that's possible. I remember Satan in chapter one saying something about breaking the sword to free Rin from the seal, though Mephisto said that would kill him...

Also, Hi! @chino, it's been a while.
Hi, Archer.
Yeah, I quickly went through and back from hell again, this time I hope I'll be free to comment on the new chapter. X)

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2016, 11:48:28 PM »
I would take anything Mephisto says with a grain of salt, he lied about Izumo's sister, I doubt this wouldn't be any different. When he means destroy I would think it would have to be something strong enough to desroy both the sword and the heart at once and yeah Satan said "Break the curse" I believe

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2016, 12:28:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm trusting less and less what anyone says in this manga. Starting to expect Kato any moment will pull a "They lied!" plot twist.

That said, Satan did try to break the sword BEFORE it had ever been unsheathed. So it might have been different than breaking it now.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2016, 01:06:23 AM »
I would take anything Mephisto says with a grain of salt, he lied about Izumo's sister, I doubt this wouldn't be any different. When he means destroy I would think it would have to be something strong enough to desroy both the sword and the heart at once and yeah Satan said "Break the curse" I believe
Right, translation divergences, I remember now.

Satan says:

ああ、そーだ、コイツ(剣)も破壊しなきゃな。お前をこのクソ忌々しい呪縛から解き放ってやる!!!!

ああ[Ah]、そーだ[that's right]、コイツ[furigana: this one](剣[kanji: sword])も[too]破壊[destroy]しなきゃ[must be]な[hun?]。お前[You]を[*object marker*]この[this]クソ[shity]忌々しい[annoying]呪縛[seal/curse/spell]から[from]解き放って[free]やる[I'll do it for you *condescending tone*]!!!!

Ah, that's right, this one too must be destroyed, hun? (T/N: Furigana reads: "this one". Kanji reads: "sword".) I'll make you free from this annoying shity curse!!!!

Mephisto says:

この剣の中には貴方の"悪魔の心臓"が封印されている。心臓は悪魔の急所です。破壊されれば、必ず死ぬ。

この[This]剣[sword]の['s]中[middle/center]に[in]は[what is]貴方[you]の[-r]"悪魔[demon]の['s]心臓[heart]"が[*subject marker*]封印[seal]されている[is being]。心臓[Heart]は[*subject marker*]悪魔[demon]の['s]急所[vital point]です[is]。破壊[destroy]されれ[be]ば[if]、必ず[certainly]死ぬ[die]。

What is being sealed inside this sword is your "demon heart". The heart is a demon's vital point. If it is destroyed, the demon would certainly die.

Both use "破壊" which means "destroy", like in "大量破壊兵器" "weapon of mass destruction".
But Satan only talked about the sword while Mephisto talked about the heart inside the sword.
Then again, it seems to me Mephisto said it in a way that made it sound like the sword shouldn't be destroyed (since that's what I actually remembered him saying before I looked back).
But that might be part of his plan, so Rin doesn't destroy the sword and free himself from the seal.
That is if my theory is right.

That said, Satan did try to break the sword BEFORE it had ever been unsheathed. So it might have been different than breaking it now.
That too. I also wonder, even now, if there's a difference between breaking the sword while it's unsheathed and while it's sheathed. Because of the portal to Gehenna in the sheath thing...

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »

Satan says:

Ah, that's right, this one too must be destroyed, hun? (T/N: Furigana reads: "this one". Kanji reads: "sword".) I'll make you free from this annoying shity curse!!!!

That too. I also wonder, even now, if there's a difference between breaking the sword while it's unsheathed and while it's sheathed. Because of the portal to Gehenna in the sheath thing...

What's most interesting to me is the " this one too must be destroyed". What other thing did Satan destroy? Or is it just some japanese grammer thing?

And I'd say there is a huge difference when the sword is unsheathed and sheathed. When the sword is sheathed, the heart is stationary and not active. Pretty much dormant. When it is drawn, the heart starts to "pump" delivering Rin's flames to Assiah. If the sword is destroyed when it's active, thats all of Rin's power cut off at once and I wonder if his connection to Gehenna would be cut off as well. Would that have an impact on Rin?
If Rins sword is destroyed when sheathed then I could guess that he would probabaly survive? Not really sure on that, could be a hit or miss

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2016, 06:04:41 PM »

Satan says:

What's most interesting to me is the " this one too must be destroyed". What other thing did Satan destroy? Or is it just some japanese grammer thing?

Shiro, I guess?

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2016, 03:28:27 PM »
^Guess that would make most sense

Offline candy

• Page
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2016, 03:06:08 PM »
okay so is it possible that when (not if) rin's sword is broken the "rin" that we all know and love will be "killed" but the demon's heart will return to the body, allowing demon!rin to take over? we sort of saw that demon!rin in his fight against the impure king...when rin was battling with his instincts to destroy everything now that his power has been released???