Author Topic: True forms of demons  (Read 18934 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: True forms of demons
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »
^ He literally said he had been searching for Rin for a long time and that Satan was waiting for them, so I thought that was a given.

http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v01/c001/26.html

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
now I think about it.
the demon with ram's horns and a snake tail is on that crest.
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v01/c002/1.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v03/c010/6.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v03/c010/7.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c014/32.html

but theres another one with goat's horns. . . maybe satan are twins. no Im just kidding.

haha and if you fusion them together it would make a jacob sheep.

edit: seriously. I wonder why the order would have satan on their crest. maybe its because they want to always be remembered of their enemy. . . or maybe none of them know what satan looks like, and mephisto made this crest centuries ago.

by the way, do you know that on jump square official website, they say in mephisto's description that he is the second most influential person in gehenna.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:43:49 PM by chinonamida »

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 11:13:05 PM »

edit: seriously. I wonder why the order would have satan on their crest. maybe its because they want to always be remembered of their enemy. . . or maybe none of them know what satan looks like, and mephisto made this crest centuries ago.

Presenting demonic figures is not uncommon in Catholicism, Kazue probably got her inspiration from Gotic Cathedrals which are often decorated with gargoyles on their entries and windows. The gargoyles are placed outside the cathedrals to represent how the devil and his forces cannot make their way into God's territory.

If you pay attention to the Academy's emblem:

You will notice the gargoyles are pushing/holding the frame which surrounds the order's symbol and Buda Tara' sacred seed, so it's symbolism is not any different than when they are represented as statues outside cathedrals (just that in this case is kind of ironical because they have demons working for them and in high ranks nothing the least).

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 11:18:22 PM »
I somtimes get amazed at how many symbols Kazue has used in all those crests. We probably haven't even found them all yet.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »
Presenting demonic figures is not uncommon in Catholicism, Kazue probably got her inspiration from Gotic Cathedrals which are often decorated with gargoyles on their entries and windows. The gargoyles are placed outside the cathedrals to represent how the devil and his forces cannot make their way into God's territory.

If you pay attention to the Academy's emblem
You will notice the gargoyles are pushing/holding the frame which surrounds the order's symbol and Buda Tara' sacred seed, so it's symbolism is not any different than when they are represented as statues outside cathedrals (just that in this case is kind of ironical because they have demons working for them and in high ranks nothing the least).
that makes a lot of sense.

though its not the academy's emblem. looks more like the order's emblem.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 12:32:06 AM »
I somtimes get amazed at how many symbols Kazue has used in all those crests. We probably haven't even found them all yet.

Aren't those all the same?

I don't really see the difference.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »
^ I just mean there's so many small details in the story we haven't even noticed. Like Amaimon burning his hand on Shiemi. To tell the truth, I hadn't even noticed that crest Chino mentioned.

But it didn't really come out right the first time. Sorry

Offline Paradox

• Intermediate Second Class
  • "Despite everything, it's still you."
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »
I'd like to mention casually that the emplem is also in the prequel:
http://mangafox.me/manga/the_miyama_uguisu_mansion_incident/v01/c001/8.html

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2016, 11:06:23 AM »
Is a full-demon form (Gehenna mod) even possible? Doesn't it mean Rin would have to leave (or destroy?) his body like Mephisto and Amaimon? Or will it be just a transformation?
I'm really exciting when they will be going to Gehenna. What will happen to Rin (half-demon)? To Yukio (almost half-demon)? To an ordinary person (for example Shiemy)? Questions upon questions.

I've been thinking for a while since Lightning is really, REALLY interested in toying with Kurikara. The only thing that makes it different from other demon swords is that it houses a demon heart. I have a feeling Lightning is going to extract Rin's heart from the sword because him and Mephisto seem to the same kind of person but with different agenda's. Lewin might think that there's still some sort of seal on the sword, possibly because Mephisto doesn't want Rin to grow so strong so quickly due to him loving toying with people. Rin is a shonen protaginist after-all, he's bound to have some sort of power up when we're nearly 100 chapters in.

Offline Vine

• DEMON DICK
  • Exwire
  • [Toukio Squad Treasurer]
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2016, 04:01:51 PM »
I've been thinking for a while since Lightning is really, REALLY interested in toying with Kurikara. The only thing that makes it different from other demon swords is that it houses a demon heart. I have a feeling Lightning is going to extract Rin's heart from the sword because him and Mephisto seem to the same kind of person but with different agenda's. Lewin might think that there's still some sort of seal on the sword, possibly because Mephisto doesn't want Rin to grow so strong so quickly due to him loving toying with people. Rin is a shonen protaginist after-all, he's bound to have some sort of power up when we're nearly 100 chapters in.
this is the reason i get on edge whenever lightning and rin interact. like, lightning obviously really wants to know how the sword works, and it gives me this feeling of dread. in my mind, lightning sees rin as a demon first and foremost, and what lightning likes to do with demons is befriend them for the sake of TAMING them. so i dunno, as a master tamer, what better goal is there than to tame the son of satan. but most of that is just speculation and feelings.

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2016, 08:29:40 PM »
I seriously doubt Lightning could tame Rin. Hell, after bossing him about Rin decked him in the face, how is he gonna stand being ordered in combat like an other demon? Plus, he hates being grouped in with demons

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2016, 09:08:43 PM »
^ That's normal, because he isn't a demon. He isn't under any contract, so if they want to order him around, they'll have to do is as an exorcist and not as a demon.

Which won't made that much of a difference in practice, but I suppose if feels very different for Rin.

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »
Yeah, Rin is self-acting usually taking control of the situation but of course not in the way the Order wants it to happen.

Another thing I remembered is Bon's father talking about that if anything goes wrong with the sword he should take it to him because I think even he could tell the sword was weakening, with it being able to barely hold his power. Hell, Rin's flames used to just appear in a coating around him, now the flames are leaking out from his mouth, coming from his inside. Is his demon heart starting to slip back out? Probably just a non-significant detail but Kato is notorious for pulling stuff like this

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 03:49:13 AM »
Another thing I remembered is Bon's father talking about that if anything goes wrong with the sword he should take it to him because I think even he could tell the sword was weakening, with it being able to barely hold his power. Hell, Rin's flames used to just appear in a coating around him, now the flames are leaking out from his mouth, coming from his inside. Is his demon heart starting to slip back out? Probably just a non-significant detail but Kato is notorious for pulling stuff like this

I've been wondering that, and I've also been wondering when exactly it was that she started doing slit pupils for him all the time when his sword is drawn.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 04:05:24 AM »
^ Rin seems to only "spit fire" when he's angry (ch 61) or inebriated (ch 19). The slit pupils when sword-drawn seems to date back to the first chapter.

Still, Rin might be unintentionally excessive in drawing his sword. True, it's his only way to fight, but it displays his demon heart constantly, which Mephy says is a no-no. The Kurikara is Rin's life.
"There are no answers. Only choices."