0 (0%)
Toudou
6 (2%)
Lightning
19 (6.3%)
Lucifer
10 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: Your favourite character?  (Read 24400 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Your favourite character?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »
*looks at poll*
... Wow. The classmates aren't very popular, are they?

I'm kinda surprised.

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
here you go

5.3% for izumo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:07:22 PM by chinonamida »

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 07:43:04 AM »
*looks at poll*
... Wow. The classmates aren't very popular, are they?

I'm kinda surprised.

Well, they haven't really had a chance to do anything really badass like defeating a huge demon with a single hit, killing themselves to protect their son or sitting in their flying hotdog chair reciting poetry.

Offline Blightstrider

• Angelic Legion
  • Junior First Class
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 08:41:36 AM »
here you go

5.3% for izumo

She's beating the Kyoto trio combined!

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »
Well, they haven't really had a chance to do anything really badass like defeating a huge demon with a single hit, killing themselves to protect their son or sitting in their flying hotdog chair reciting poetry.

Well, Bon managed to almost die while saving a city.

Still not impressive enough, eh?

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »

Well, Bon managed to almost die while saving a city.

Still not impressive enough, eh?

Compared against restraining ones self from murdering everything around and instead taking out a giant infection, reciting poetry on a hotdog, being tormented by a giant chicken, etc - Yeah, the Kyoto trio is behind.

They've just never been as interesting to me.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 11:52:26 PM »
for me, its not about achievements
it's about who as the most interesting behavior

and thats who I think are the most interesting, more or less:
izumo - shima - ryuuji - rin - yukio - toudou - shura - shirou - arthur - kuro - mephisto - koneko - shiemi - amaimon - takara

though ryuuji had dropped some ranks when he got completely incoherent towards rin through chapter 14 to 29. but I got past it. probably.

. . . this manga is lacking girls

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 04:46:11 AM »
. . . this manga is lacking girls
It really is, isn't it? I hope Kazue will introduce more.

But at least the girls have actual roles. Anyone remember Dragon Ball? I loved Bulma to pieces, but in the end she was basically just the Free Shop For All Equipment.

Compared against restraining ones self from murdering everything around and instead taking out a giant infection, reciting poetry on a hotdog, being tormented by a giant chicken, etc - Yeah, the Kyoto trio is behind.
I always wonder what people who haven't read the manga think when reading such things.

(Speaking of which, where did Grieves go? I haven't seen him since the chapter came out.)

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
^ You read/watched Dragonball too? Haha, I guess it shows we're the oldest posters here  ;D

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 05:24:37 PM »
^ What do you mean? Everyone should have read Dragon Ball! It's a classic! :D

No, seriously, isn't that like the most famous manga series ever? Everyone I've spoken too (who knows anything about manga) has at least heard of it. It's pretty much the first series that made manga famous in the Western world.

Offline Paradox

• Intermediate Second Class
  • "Despite everything, it's still you."
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »
My favorite character was always Rin. He is probably the nicest demon I have ever seen. He is such a cutie.

2. It's Amaimon. I know, he isn't smart. I know, he isn't handsome. I know, he is a bastard. I just like crazy guys. It's funny.

3. Kuro and Bon. Kuro is such a cute sidekick and I like Bon's scenes during the fight against the Impure King.

In addition, I like Toudou, Shura and Lightning.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:22:20 PM by Paradox »

Offline VacuumTan

• Exwire
  • 天使の笑顔も崩れてさ
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
I haven't replied on this yet? Oh.

My top-favourite character is Shura. She's sassy, has interesting interactions with some characters and is sexy as hell. *ahem*

Second... for me would be Shima? I dunno, I just like him and find his character interesting. It has nothing to do with me being able to relate to his hate for obligation and his cowardice.

Third is Yukio, I guess. Since he walked in, wearing his coat, I liked him. Because uniforms and short brown hair and glasses, that's why. And when he got more interesting lately that did its part as well.

I also kinda like Bon. He's somewhat cute in his own way. But I want him to grow back his weird baby-beard again.
As if to spite this hateful world, I decided to love it.

Offline Midori no Neko

• Junior Second Class
  • Just another cat on the internet.
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 03:35:45 AM »
Im gonna be the rebel here and vote for shiemi, though im a big fan of izumo, shima, and rin as well. She doesn't get enough love, and knowing how kazue likes to play around cliches, shes probably not destined to be eternally on the sidelines either. I latched onto her when I first started reading the manga becuase I love to see the underdogs become stronger, and her innocent demeanor made me curious about how she would react to stressful situations.

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 04:28:51 AM »
This is so tricky. I like so many of the characters because they feel unique and real compared to nearly everything else in the demographic. The character designs don't hurt either. :)

Rin - He feels incredibly genuine and "refreshing". It feels good to see him make friends despite his heritage, and learning to control his aggressive tendencies (though I assume that happened offscreen).

Yukio - Oh god where do I start? XD I, also, will enjoy his eventual breakdown... and want to see him come back from it better than ever XD. I think I've said it in another thread, but I'm waiting for him to inherit Satan's flames too. His feelings toward his brother and the flames are contradictory (on one hand, he is jealous of his brother's powers so at a very deep level he must want them too. On the other hand, he is so afraid of them that he's starting to crack at the very possibility of that happening.) There are other things to consider I guess. I can't really read characters well so this is fun to try figuring out.

Bon - I just like this guy. He's hyper competent, he's interesting, he has awesome hair.... and his personality is very "strong" if you get my meaning.

Shiemi - I love the way Kazue Kato is playing with the moemoe character archetype right here. She tries so hard and she's succeeding at becoming a great tamer.

Konekomaru - The Kyoto .... Uh ..... duo..... Seem to be the brains of the team, and he's been coming into his own recently. Maybe he and Shiemi should multiclass to doctor.

Shima - Not that I necessarily hate Shima. I look forward to seeing which direction his character goes in

Izumo - She seemed like a bitch. Until I reread the series from the beginning. Really, she has so many trust issues and she hides it so well. Knowing everything up to ch48, I can't blame her for the way she's behaved (and understand why she has nice moments littered throughout her interactions with the other classmates.) and after that chapter I just feel so sorry for her. But she should ....probably join Yukio at those psychiatrist sessions someone was talking about. I bet she's even more unstable than he is right now.

Mephisto - I honestly can't decide if I love or hate the guy. The only thing disappointing is how frequently he is demoted to Mr. Exposition. But holy shit the FABULOUS ~

Angel - And the runner up for the fabulous award iss~~

(I like fabulous people. Can't you tell?)

Hell, why not Amaimon too? He hasn't really done anything except fight so I want to see more of him.

Offline chaotickairos

• Exwire
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 03:47:35 AM »
Konekomaru all the way. He's the perfect blend of smart and adorable, and he's surprisingly competent. I'm really looking forward to seeing him come into his role as a strategist for the Exwires. And Rin even reanked him really high on his cool people list.
Of course, I don't think there's a single character I don't like, but Konekomaru is at the top.