0 (0%)
Toudou
6 (2%)
Lightning
19 (6.3%)
Lucifer
10 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: Your favourite character?  (Read 24396 times)

Offline Grieves

• Exwire
  • Personal Text
Re: Your favourite character?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 07:18:00 AM »
But I think we can all agree that Yukio is attractive enough to get away with pretty much anything right?

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
^ He's not my type.

But have fun with him.

Offline Mimiroru

• Page
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
Rin. He's amusing and all-around likeable.

And Toudou. I'd like to see more of him minus Yukio drama.

Offline Grieves

• Exwire
  • Personal Text
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »
I assume Mephisto is a fan-favourite?

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 01:11:12 PM »
^ Mephisto's awesome. You never know what he's up to.

Offline Jarield

• Exwire
  • Yukio is LE SEX!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
^Yukio was my first favorite, he actually was the reason why I started to read AnE, he looked so good in the color page with his glasses and a gun.

Then came the Kyoto arc and I decided that Yukio needs a psychiatrist like, immediately, and Rin might be doing some off-stage thinking and I like intelligent characters.
It was a different story for me... Rin was the one that made me see AnE, I decided from right on that he was my favorite... But I eventually love Yukio's character more..

Yukio for me is the most flawful and most real character in this series... If there is one character who I can say a unique fellow and who can walk among us, it is him! He probably is the most human-esque character in the sense that there is darkness and weakness in him, and to see how he struggles to overcome it is what makes his character beautiful for me...

At the same time, I find him the most tragic in the series. The boy had been seeing demons the moment he was born, and you could tell that this factor had cause so much psychological and emotional defects on his part. Yukio isn't a complete troubled child because he has a loving father and brother, but for a child to see scary creatures everyday, secretly undergoing exorcist training, just imagine how much stress that is for someone at a young age...

In the long run, we can see all of these factors manifested in him little by little in the manga. He had developed inferiority complex to his brother, somewhat even jealousy and rage, because of the unfairness of the situation which is not in his control. But at the same time, he had learned to hate himself as well... But we could see him struggling, trying to correct his ways in his own judgment...

Instead of a jerk, I could see being overprotected... Yes, his actions may had been harsh, but that is his way, and that is because he is smart and serious, and he always wanted to play safe when it comes to Rin, because he knows the consequences of recklessness... He love his brother so much, and sometimes he can be to extreme, but can you blame him for it?...

At the same time, he probably has the best character development in the series... At first I thought he will be this Tohru Honda kind of person, but surprise, surprise, homeboy is badass... His transformation from a crybaby to a notable genius exorcist is remarkable...

A hot stud with immense skill and power with psychotic tendencies? What's not to love?... Just imagine when he really went berserk in the future? Oh the beautiful tragedy...

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
^ I agree (minus the psychotic tendencies).

^ The fact that he needs a psychologist and probably medication to is what I love about his character. Everytime I read about Yukio and his issues I'm just like 'Yeah, drown in your jealousy and unhealthy issues... I want to see you break'.

Because... I just do.
Ok now, you're actually earthforge from MF forums, right?

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:41 PM »
I agree with Toph. The thought about Yukio growing more and more insecure and semi-psychotic makes me giggle.

Offline Toph13139

• Page
  • Lookit.
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »
^ I agree (minus the psychotic tendencies).

^ The fact that he needs a psychologist and probably medication to is what I love about his character. Everytime I read about Yukio and his issues I'm just like 'Yeah, drown in your jealousy and unhealthy issues... I want to see you break'.

Because... I just do.

I don't have an account in Manga Fox... So no. I am not that person. XD

But apparently we share a brain. =)

Offline CoolBlaze

• Page
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »
Rin, definitely! Thought I rather like Izumo, Shura and Bon too..

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 03:55:01 AM »

Because... I just do.

YES I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY REPRODUCED.

I can neither dislike or like Yukio. I just identify with him. I both look forward to and hate his incoming breakdown (though right now I really am uninterested, considering I have a professor verging on a nervous breakdown and I have no way to report it...)

But my fav will always be Fujimoto Shiro. Such a badass. The only reasons he was killed off was (a) to provide Rin a reason to become an exorcist and (b) he steals the spotlight from Rin. I love his callous care for others.

Second fav is solidly Toudou, because he is so nuts and brilliant in his insanity. He's played it easily through the manga thus far. I look forward to seeing him go all out and to hearing his reasons for becoming so aberrant.

Rin's okay, but I find him boring now. So... typical.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Toph13139

• Page
  • Lookit.
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »
^ That's exactly what I think about Rin. He is the typical Shounen Manga hero character, and I am still waiting for him to give us something else, because I know he can and I know (hope) he will.

I think Yukio's inevitable breakdown is one of the things that have me hooked to the manga as well. ;D He is just always so collected and he likes to have everything so calculated and then Rin comes in with his heoricness to just not comply with Yukio's original plan, thus making the shadow darker and wider over him and... Oooh, I can feel it in my bones, that breakdown will be glorious.

Oh, and I also think the puppet boy will be revealed to be a:

1) Immensely huge badass.
2) A DEMON-SPY-THING-WHAT.

I think it will be the first one.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
^ I'm betting on the second.

And I like Rin. He could do with a bit more brains, but it's not so bad that it annoys me. And I like how they actually show his doubts and fears rather than making him another not-afraid-of-anything hero. *cough*One Piece*cough*Naruto*cough*

Offline Jarield

• Exwire
  • Yukio is LE SEX!!!
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 04:23:31 PM »
Rin had the spunk and coolness,and great back story, that makes him stand out than the rest of other shounen heroes at the start of the series...  But somehow, as the manga progressed, his character diminished and then he became rather cliche him typical and I don't dig... Even Bon said, Rin is just stupid and empty...

I still like him, but I feel like the Rin that I had adored is gone now... He still is far more interesting than many irrelevant characters in this series... *coughs* Arthur *coughs* almost every single female character *coughs* that filler cat

Yukio's breakdown is something that I am anticipating... But at the same time, I feel like it is a phase where it could either break or make him as a character... If done right, it will be glorious... If done wrong, it will be pathetic...

And also, Shorou is a great character! Badass yet gentle, and IDK,he just radiates realness to me...And those are the kinds of characters I dig...

Offline Fullmetal

• Junior First Class
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
^ Mephisto's awesome. You never know what he's up to.

I was going to post exactly that