Author Topic: Unresolved plot points  (Read 20062 times)

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Intermediate First Class
  • Beware the...thingie.
Re: Unresolved plot points
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »
Except those were BLUE eyes with BLUE flames. Only one demon does that.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »
I still think the eye incident was some Demon King failing at possessing Yukio (or purposely helping him scare Todou away... or maybe just wanted to see what was going on) and since Rin can hear demons thoughts when they are trying to talk to him (like Kuro) and he is twins with Yukio, the power of the demon peaking in shot Yukio's thoughts to Rin (or maybe the possessor did the thing on purpose).

Satan's trying to protect his son from Toudou,maybe? Seems really cracky, but what if? Maybe Satan knows that since Yukio is an exorcist, and since Rin is aiming to be one and defeat Satan, that having two sons with his powers go against him is not in his favour?
-A man may live after losing his life but not after losing his honour.
-A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.

Youtube account

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »
I don't think it necessarily needs to be Satan. I think Iblis and Lucy likely have the flames as well. Iblis is the KIng of fire and I would find it lame if he didn't have control over all the three kinds of fire. Lucy's name means the same as Rin's and he is second only to Satan.

I don't think those are Yukio's eyes because Mephisto said someone else was watching.

Fire demons seem to have a thing against rot demons and there was a lot of fire demons being summoned for that fight... Maybe Iblis felt curious?

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 08:18:45 PM »
Why do you suppose no one ever sees blue flames and thinks, ''Iblis'' or ''Lucy''?
Have they kept that part of their powers hidden, do you think? Or maybe people just forgot over time?
It could be them, but I'm not sure...
Iblis does makes sense since he's all about fire.

No, it'd definitely not Yukio's eyes.

Maybe you're right - maybe Iblis also realized somebody just tried to swallow one of his most powerful kin. I don't think he'd be too happy about that.

But now I can't help but think Satan (or maybe Iblis, ordered by Satan) wanted to make sure Yukio doesn't find out he's actually not human....bleegghhh
So little clues, so many theories.

Youtube account

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »
Well, Lucy seems to have a lot of trouble to stay in the human world, less to use his power on it.

Or maybe the Blue Flames are a kind of Light not of Fire (like electricity-bending in Avatar is a subcategory of fire-bending).

If the fire demons we have seen like Uchussma, Karura or Yamantaka are of any indication, Iblis shape (on Assiah at least) should be pure fire... maybe not easily seen as humanoid (Uchussma looked to be humanoid like under that armour thing he had).

Then there was the whole Blue Night thing with Satan kind of reminding people who he is.

Lol. I can actually picture Satan taking offence at Lucy or Iblis using a power that's theoretically exclusive of him...

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »
Satan's trying to protect his son from Toudou,maybe? Seems really cracky, but what if? Maybe Satan knows that since Yukio is an exorcist, and since Rin is aiming to be one and defeat Satan, that having two sons with his powers go against him is not in his favour?

Then why would he protect him?

I do think the blue flames are exclusive to Satan. Mephisto warned Rin about keeping his flames hidden because they would give him away as the offspring of Papa. Granted, becoming known as the offspring of Lucy or his brothers probably wouldn't be much better as far as the exorcists are concerned, but it's still peculiar that he said it that way.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2014, 09:29:53 PM »
I don't think Satan would want to protect Yukio, he doesn't seem to have any use for him... Unless that changed after what Todou saw.

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »
^ But the theory says that Satan protecting Yukio = what Toudou saw. The blue eyes would be due to Satan interfering.

It never made much sense to me.

Offline MetallicArcher

• Senior Second Class
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2014, 10:59:40 PM »
Well, I don't think it was Satan who felt the need to watch.

Or maybe yes, maybe Satan felt the whole IK thing was getting out of hand and peaked in... but then why on Yukio? He made it sound as if Rin was the only one who could safely act as a vessel for him.

Offline themoonlandian

• I'm a tree
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2014, 11:28:05 PM »
Lol. I can actually picture Satan taking offence at Lucy or Iblis using a power that's theoretically exclusive of him...

He actually just might haha

Then why would he protect him?

It's not really protection for Yukio - it's protection for himself in case of certain future events that may unfold.

Well, I don't think it was Satan who felt the need to watch.

Or maybe yes, maybe Satan felt the whole IK thing was getting out of hand and peaked in... but then why on Yukio? He made it sound as if Rin was the only one who could safely act as a vessel for him.

Like I said, it could be just so Satan could try and make sure Yukio doesn't end up getting powers and planning on fighting him in the future, but other than that, I have nothing.

Iblis and Satan seem the best two options for me.

Lucifer could be if he didn't look like he just came out from the grave - though, Lucifer almost seems to know like he knows more than he should, now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:44:29 PM by themoonlandian »

Youtube account

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
^I think that Satan didn't have to possess Yukio just to take A peek... In possession you take hold of the whole body and I doubt Yukio would be able to win the fight of wills in his head. So Satan or anybody had the urge to watch can access the sight only through blood-relation. It intrigues me that Samael didn't mention or even hinted who it might be.... But why peek on Yukio? I think that he is fully human or not yet awakened which means his body isn't hosting anyone like Rin is hosting himself ^^"

And if Yukio is developing powers it may come to light once he is forced to the medical examination (now I think he is so fearful to go willingly)~

// I still really Wish that Yukio is whole human - poor guy wouldn't just handle to be A demon... also I think Yukio is cool and powerful in his own (he is genious,training etc) makes him powerful opponent) it would be cool to have great character who can kick demons without powers (like Shiro was). not to mention that then there would be too much demon-blooded ppl with powers and Rin wouldn't be unique anymore (as the only one inheriting flames plus only half-demon son of Satan). What's more if they both get powers it would be maybe too much like Supernatural's Winchester boys, but all this is just my opinion though ^^"//
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:36:02 PM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
In Sam and Dean's case, I wouldn't call being able to host angels a supernatural power. Sam's demon blood thing is much closer, and Dean can't do that.

Honestly no one really understands whether Yukio is jealous of Rin's flames or not, on top of all of his other jealousy issues. Okay, well I've done some thinking and he might be (or he might not be). He did say if he had them he'd go crazy....but call me silly, but I think after that is when he'd piece himself back together.

The whole uniqueness thing can be solved by giving Yukio different powers. Less offensive, or perhaps more long-range ones. Yet equally deadly. Personally, since they're brothers I think both should inherit things from their "father". And Yukio will be left with nothing and revert to his "protected little bro" status when Rin catches up to him in sword skill, and they face more enemies humans can't handle. I don't like that, and I don't think Yukio would like it either.

Izumo doesn't have powers, and she admitted that demon blooded people were common in the order. We haven't seen the last of them.

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2014, 04:33:42 PM »
^So sorry to write myself poorly, I try to explain myself better (I Wish I really didn't sound that bad - my intention was not to make anyone feel bad :():

the Winchesters and Okumuras both come from A cursed bloodline: Winchesters from Cain and Abel and Okumuras ofc Satan. True that Dean don't have anything but they are special josta because they can host angel no other ppl can. They are unique. I didn't compare the Winchesters and Okumuras because of their Supernatural powers but because they both become/get unique thing important to the story/plot. So it is little cliched (like in SW) that first the other one is only protagonist and important to the Big plan but then "oh hey btw you are too" like Luke and Leia. That the story can't continue without also other sibling getting one (and of same importance/as powerful). Would just be cool once that the little human could do heroic deeds even the odds are against :DD
But really I am satisfied and will also  be how the story turns out~

But I don't think Kazue will let other characters to Fall behind, they gonna kick the baddies together!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:49:51 PM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 07:03:20 AM »
And if Yukio is developing powers it may come to light once he is forced to the medical examination (now I think he is so fearful to go willingly)~

Last medical examination showed nothing. I don't think we'll hear more of it until his powers show up in battle again.

Offline levi

• Page
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »

Last medical examination showed nothing. I don't think we'll hear more of it until his powers show up in battle again.

this is something I don't really understand , if his medical examination is normal then why did he have blue flame in his eyes?
And i would also like to know what are those medical examination: blood test ?? something else?
and since when did he do them? since birth?