Author Topic: Anime Reboot  (Read 9201 times)

Offline ToonamiRaid

• Junior Second Class
Re: Anime Reboot
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 04:46:40 AM »
yes!

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 05:35:52 PM »

Someone on tumblr posted what looks like part of the page with more details. The most readable part is a cast/staff list.

-Rejoice! Every single character listed (Rin, Yukio, Shiemi, Suguro, Shima, Konekomaru, Izumo,  Kuro, Shura, Mephisto, and Shirou) has the same voice actor from the first anime as far as I can tell (some are kind of cut off)

-Hiroyuki Sawano also listed under music again

-New director (Kouichi Hatsumi)

Offline Paradox

• Heroes never die
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 05:59:20 PM »
-Hiroyuki Sawano also listed under music again
Is he the composer from the first season?? If so, yay! I forgot how great the AnE soundtrack is.

-New director (Kouichi Hatsumi)
Let's see how that will go. Did they mention the screenwriter? Hopefully they won't add any new plotline *cough*

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
  • aka Hanamatsu, FujoshiCadet, Fujocadet, Fujohanama
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 01:57:30 AM »
this is the greatest day in the aoex fandom in a long time. oh boy oh boy
so happy fukujun is back at it! haha maybe he'll be toudou too! (he insisted on reading Toudou's lines from the manga in an interview). we prob won't see Toudou images for a while since he's supposed to be a surprise villain...
Saying Toudou's name summons me

Offline Madow

• Nephilim
  • Junior Second Class
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 10:19:43 AM »
I can't wait to see the Shiro flash back, need more Father Fujimoto...Anyways, I wonder if they'll just do a short re-cap on the amaimon fight and then the trial or just have it in flashbacks without a recap

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 03:33:55 PM »
Forget Shiro, WE'RE GONNA FINALLY SEE TOUDOU! Finally, Yukio psychodrama done right!

I'm very certain this reboot will completely ignore the first series. Which is a relief. Death to grandpappy and the Merry Band of Bad Guys. Still, I'm on standby for bad episodes and fillers.

I also think they'll gloss over the first 11 chapters, or maybe start from the camping arc. I think it'll do some good - the series only got into it's stride by chapter 15.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 05:02:35 AM »
Forget Shiro, WE'RE GONNA FINALLY SEE TOUDOU! Finally, Yukio psychodrama done right!

I'm very certain this reboot will completely ignore the first series. Which is a relief. Death to grandpappy and the Merry Band of Bad Guys. Still, I'm on standby for bad episodes and fillers.

I also think they'll gloss over the first 11 chapters, or maybe start from the camping arc. I think it'll do some good - the series only got into it's stride by chapter 15.
I think most of ch15 was covered in the anime but yeah ch 16 is literally the first appearance of Toudou (aka beginning of IK arc) so they should start right around there. All the images they've shown in the link depict them in Kyoto so I think it's safe to bet that they'll hit the ground running. Maybe an episode to set the backstory.
Also agree with Madow that they might wrap up the season with the Kraken mini arc. It's a little bit lighter mood but still deals with just how strained Rin and Yukio's relationship is becoming.

You guys, I"m just so happy. I know I kind of liked aoex anime when it originally aired, but the ending has left such a stale taste in my mouth that I had forgotten the better parts of the anime. Minus the ost and vas of course. I might be able to make myself rewatch the first half again. I honestly don't remember if it's good or bad. I'm looking forward to their characterization so much. A version of Shima that isn't useless. A version of Koneko that doesn't annoy me. A version of Yukio that is still angsty but not filled with that hollow, brother-complex rage.
Haha the only downside is that I'm so used to being alone in my love for Toudou that I don't know what I'll do if other ppl start drawing and cosplaying him. I'll have competition!

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »
I think most of ch15 was covered in the anime but yeah ch 16 is literally the first appearance of Toudou (aka beginning of IK arc) so they should start right around there. All the images they've shown in the link depict them in Kyoto so I think it's safe to bet that they'll hit the ground running. Maybe an episode to set the backstory.
Also agree with Madow that they might wrap up the season with the Kraken mini arc. It's a little bit lighter mood but still deals with just how strained Rin and Yukio's relationship is becoming.

Chapters 13-15 were partially covered but with significant modifications, so I don't really count them. I mean, they took out the crown jewels of chapter 14 -- Mephisto's gamble and Rin swearing that he'll become the "friggin' best exorcist" in front of the Grigori.

But I think that Kazue only had the characters really figured out by chapter 15. That's where Rin settled into his cheerful but covering over substantial abandonment issues self, rather than the hothead he was initially shown to be. Likewise, Yukio became a ball of repressed rage who papered over it with stolid professionalism, even though he seemed to be much wiser at the beginning of the manga (he dealt with his issues in one chapter, whereas the blue eyes incident fallout hasn't been dealt with for, god, over fifty chapters). Shiemi also began to develop her steel by that time, as Izumo developed her sympathetic aspects.

You guys, I"m just so happy. I know I kind of liked aoex anime when it originally aired, but the ending has left such a stale taste in my mouth that I had forgotten the better parts of the anime. Minus the ost and vas of course.

And the bloopers. I will never be able to watch the last five episodes again without hearing Yukio saying "protecting my brother is my responsibility... so would you mind watching him for a few minutes?". That line summed up where the anime went wrong. Er, well, that and "I'm a beautiful butterfly". And "we're gonna turn mirrors at the ceiling, and shoot FRICKIN LASER BEAMS, PEW PEW!"

Haha the only downside is that I'm so used to being alone in my love for Toudou that I don't know what I'll do if other ppl start drawing and cosplaying him. I'll have competition!

's okay, nobody can ever beat your redraw of Yukio's "who are you and what are your goals" with Toudou holding up a sign of Freckles & Four Eyes BFFs Forever.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2016, 02:58:47 AM »
But I think that Kazue only had the characters really figured out by chapter 15. That's where Rin settled into his cheerful but covering over substantial abandonment issues self, rather than the hothead he was initially shown to be. Likewise, Yukio became a ball of repressed rage who papered over it with stolid professionalism, even though he seemed to be much wiser at the beginning of the manga (he dealt with his issues in one chapter, whereas the blue eyes incident fallout hasn't been dealt with for, god, over fifty chapters). Shiemi also began to develop her steel by that time, as Izumo developed her sympathetic aspects.
Yeah I've said it a lot so I don't feel like overstating it too much but anime yukio's angst and manga yukio's angst is just so different. they both originate from rin and demons but manga version is just so introspective, while anime is just like idk angry gay brother complex.
(click to show/hide)
trying to remember the anime. i think they got happy go lucky rin right. but sometimes i miss early chapter rin who was angsty and dark. current rin is probably better though. he has his own troubles but he works through them faster. we need a character that can be semi-open, try to work through issues. it's one of the ways he's mature.

's okay, nobody can ever beat your redraw of Yukio's "who are you and what are your goals" with Toudou holding up a sign of Freckles & Four Eyes BFFs Forever.
this means i'll just have to make more art this year, maybe even remake some old art. get a real monopoly on the market before everyone is awakened to the amazingness of toudou.

Offline facets-and-rainbows

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2016, 04:18:36 AM »
this means i'll just have to make more art this year, maybe even remake some old art. get a real monopoly on the market before everyone is awakened to the amazingness of toudou.

You will be the forebear of all Toudou fans. The Ur-fan. Your descendants will outnumber the stars.

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2016, 11:26:32 PM »

You will be the forebear of all Toudou fans. The Ur-fan. Your descendants will outnumber the stars.
Thanks. I'll admit it does fill me with happiness that ppl around here just know me as "she draws Toudou a lot."

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 11:08:40 PM »
I'm a little bummed that it's the same composer for the soundtrack... I never really liked his work, especially not those songs with almost incoherent English vocals Don't lose your waaaaaaaay!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:10:50 PM by Wikkelsoee »

Offline tardar-sauce

• Black Sheep
  • Beware the...thingie.
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 10:01:19 AM »
Have you heard anything else by him? Blue Exorcist was amazing in its day but he has since released better stuff.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »
^ I've seen Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan. AoT was okay but not "wow!". I honestly don't even remember the soundtrack from Nanatsu no Taizai and Guilty Crown.
Aldnoah.Zero is on my plan to watch list. I'll try to notice the music a bit more.

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 03:28:07 PM »
God I'm so excited for this!!!!!!
Guys I just graduated, it's Eid right now, there's a new Blue exorcist season, it's the one year anniversary of Dragon Ball Super, my friend's birthday is rolling around, and I just...
So many things to celebrate! XD There are so many celebratory sweets in my house it's ridiculous!