Author Topic: Chapter 115 ENG  (Read 1246 times)

Offline AlienGirl

• Junior Second Class
Chapter 115 ENG
« on: October 03, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »

Offline Gem-Bug

• Bug Conjurer
  • Page
Re: Chapter 115 ENG
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 09:59:21 PM »
WOW. That was a trip, folks.

Jeez, was that Koneko's dad getting the Koopa blue firebreath in the face?

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 02:33:25 AM »
WOW. That was a trip, folks.

Jeez, was that Koneko's dad getting the Koopa blue firebreath in the face?

Yeah, and it seems takezo died by falling off a cliff. Was hoping he would put up more of a fight to be honest. So it seems Renzo's scar has nothing to do with the blue night.

Also, did Lucifer just blow up Satan's face over being rejected by him for Yuri?

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 05:38:16 AM »
we didn't start the fire

(click to show/hide)

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 05:07:21 PM »
-my word, the image of the Paladin locked in a high stakes struggle against a tiny baby is absolutely freaking hilarious.

Actual footage of Marth v Pichu in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Also, did Lucifer just blow up Satan's face over being rejected by him for Yuri?

Lucifer's whole shtick is that he is entitled to having a healthy body. Shemihaza even told him to please abandon his attachment to "material things" so they could end the madness of Section 13, and Lucifer called her cruel for that.

Lucifer was going on about how he and Satan must be the same, but then Satan proclaimed that he didn't need anything but Yuri. Satan was willing to give up his body as long as he had Yuri. That someone more powerful than him, a deity, could do that was unfathomable.

So Lucifer "showed" the truth. He made Satan suffer even further, so Satan felt betrayed so the only thing Satan would care about was getting a new body and having vengeance. "Now" they were the same.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline melodicake

• Page
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »
this chapter was a lot to take in but kato really popped off here. honestly my favorite part was seeing all the baby exwires, like. they are Baby Children. I Love Them.

takezo's death broke my heart though, like he deserved so much better (even if his death was necessary for the story). it also makes me feel even sadder than i already do for renzo, like this makes his family resenting him so much more explicit now that we know how takezo died and it hurts me :(

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
Has someone found the raw?
I'll read it in english if I keep not finding it, but...

Offline tandem

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 01:49:06 AM »

Offline tandem

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 02:49:22 AM »
-noooooo Mikaela crying and trying to save him while he screams at her to leave him and run
-(rip 2/3rds of Neuhaus family)
-L-Look on the bright side...At...At least Katoh didn't make us watch the toddler burn...r-right guys?
I wonder if there's more Kato is hiding. Seems like their part is one of the "unfinished" scenes in this chapter. Also it's not clear why he was only partially possessed and could survive while most people are just burning to death immediately.

-I do believe that's baby Homare, daww, she was born with resting bitch face
I guess there are Toudou's wife and mother in that scene?

-Konekomaru's dad stands between him and Tatsuma, and gets roasted for his efforts.
-His name was Nekosuke that's precious (rip Nekosuke)
-my word, the image of a very Konekomaru-like face screaming in horror/pain as he starts to disintegrate is really really unnerving.
Don't know how Tatsuma could survive in this situation. And Satan seems completely lose control even though he just found a body who wasn't destroyed immediately. I wonder how much Satan can remember now? Can we say Koneko's father was killed when Satan didn't know what he was doing?

-Takezou decides now is as good a time as any to try and joust against the literal devil. He loses.
-At least it seemed to stop the Satan-wave at the front of the crowd?
-Takezou falls off a cliff with his face on fire, but still has the presence of mind to softly yeet his baby brother to safety
He was actually quite successful ...

it seems takezo died by falling off a cliff. Was hoping he would put up more of a fight to be honest.
I guess that's how the truth always a bit differ from the story. People are actually quite scared and can't fight gracefully in urgent situation, but they become hero due to saving other's lives.

BTW, I always think nobody will die when falling off a cliff in the manga. Maybe there's more after this ...

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 04:15:44 PM »
Quote from: xyzt on October 04, 2019, 02:33:25 AM
it seems takezo died by falling off a cliff. Was hoping he would put up more of a fight to be honest.

I guess that's how the truth always a bit differ from the story. People are actually quite scared and can't fight gracefully in urgent situation, but they become hero due to saving other's lives.

He clearly had enough control to throw a baby Renzo while falling off a cliff, so I am guessing he is experienced enough to handle himself in sudden situations. I do wish though that we could see how he fought as that would given a better idea of just how skilled or unskilled he was in comparision to the other Shima brothers especially Renzo who currently is shown to be the weakest of them.

BTW, I always think nobody will die when falling off a cliff in the manga. Maybe there's more after this ...

I also thought the same thing regarding Takezo possibly surviving the fall, but then how does one explain Renzo inheriting Yamantaka which shouldn't be possible without Takezo's death. Although it would be interesting if it turned out that Takezo survived the fall, got traumatized by the experience and then ran away. It would definitely be a contrast to Renzo who constantly complains about wanting to run away but hasn't as of now. Also we still haven't gotten any answer about Renzo's scar but given that it has been over 40 chapters since the izumo rescue arc and we still haven't gotten anything considerable regarding his character beyond the death flags and constant back and forth over his loyalties, I doubt if we are going to get any proper character arc for him at all.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:37:58 PM by xyzt »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 01:25:32 AM »
Facets, you're killing me. X)

Thanks Tandem for the Raws.

-I still remember Shirou in chapter 1 saying demons tend to possess people who are similar to them.
And I noticed Satan tends to possess people in position of power.

-So Koneko is the youngest, not the oldest... I thought his whole family, including his mother inevitably, died in the blue night. But if he wasn't born yet, she must have survived at least a while longer.

-Renzou's hair seems light in that flashback. Maybe it's just for the sake of contrast. But it'd be somewhat interesting if pink was actually his natural color. He had black hair in some other flashbacks, but this could be a dye too. Maybe that's why his father's wife left the family; maybe she's not his mother, maybe his father cheated on her. So maybe Renzou always had to dye his hair black, and when his father saw his pink hair at the start of the Kyoto Arc, he wasn't scolding him for having dyed his hair, but for having stopped dying his hair. lol

-I tip my hat to Juuzou catching Renzou from an abrupt snowy cliff. That's dangerous as hell.
I wonder, if it has anything to do with his interest in rock climbing.
Did he start before this event or after?
Did he start rock climbing because he thought that if he knew how to rock climb when this happened he could have reached his brother and helped him?
When he rock climb does he think of his brother and hope to see him at the bottom of the cliff? ; _;

-The woman called Shiemi looks a lot like Shiemi's mother in the old family picture inside volume 2.
Maybe she really is called Shiemi too. We still haven't heard her name after all.

-I just noticed Shemihaza and Shiemi sounds similar... I don't know what good it does, but I really wonder why I haven't noticed sooner.

-Takezou decides now is as good a time as any to try and joust against the literal devil. He loses.
Yeah, I'd say he won more than he lost.

I'm completely fine with Takezou being an officially dead character, but I'll just say this because I always do when this type of things happen: we didn't see the body...
If he survived, maybe the reason he never came back despite being so loyal, is because he got possessed...?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:34:50 AM by chinonamida »

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 07:39:28 AM »

-Renzou's hair seems light in that flashback. Maybe it's just for the sake of contrast. But it'd be somewhat interesting if pink was actually his natural color. He had black hair in some other flashbacks, but this could be a dye too. Maybe that's why his father's wife left the family; maybe she's not his mother, maybe his father cheated on her. So maybe Renzou always had to dye his hair black, and when his father saw his pink hair at the start of the Kyoto Arc, he wasn't scolding him for having dyed his hair, but for having stopped dying his hair. lol

I'm completely fine with Takezou being an officially dead character, but I'll just say this because I always do when this type of things happen: we didn't see the body...
If he survived, maybe the reason he never came back despite being so loyal, is because he got possessed...?

What? When was that revealed. Also Renzo has a little sister, so he is far from Yaozo's last child.
Also, given that almost all Shima siblings are shown to have black hair as their natural colour, there is nothing to show that the Shima family has demonic heritage and pink colour is not a naturally occurring hair colour as far as I know, i find that hard to believe that pink was his natural hair colour.

Okay, how was Takezo successful?
He successfully managed to save Renzo while falling off the cliff but apart from that he got one shotted by the devil and the bodies satan was possessing burned up near instantaneously due to Satan's power rather than because of anything Takezo did. And you said it yourself Satan possessed people who had a degree of authority or power, so that is probably why Satan didn't try to possess the rest of woman and children that Takezo was trying to protect.

Also, the problem with Takezo probably surviving is that it still doesn't explain why Yamantaka passed to Renzo if Takezo was still alive. If he is possessed though i just hope we don't get a repeat of the izumo rescue arc with Takezo in Tamamo's stead since Tamamo was portrayed as unreliable before and thus her sacrifice was effective, while in the Shima family it is Renzo who is portrayed as unreliable and selfish, while Takezo was always spoken and portrayed as a loyal, selfless and caring hero.

-So Koneko is the youngest, not the oldest... I thought his whole family, including his mother inevitably, died in the blue night. But if he wasn't born yet, she must have survived at least a while longer.

I always thought his mother must have died during childbirth since I believe his birthday was stated to be in January while the blue night is supposed to have happened in December.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:52:15 AM by xyzt »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
What? When was that revealed.
About the "wife leaving the family"? I don't really remember when and how often it was mentioned exactly. Also, just to be clear, they never say these two broke up or divorced, though they never said they are married either. But they say she's not there often. And we never see her being there, so... I meant "she left the family" as in, she's not living with them.

Also Renzo has a little sister, so he is far from Yaozo's last child.
Yumi has pink hair too. Just saying. x)

Also, given that almost all Shima siblings are shown to have black hair as their natural colour, there is nothing to show that the Shima family has demonic heritage
Well, my theory was that the color came from his mother, not the Shima family.

and pink colour is not a naturally occurring hair colour as far as I know, i find that hard to believe that pink was his natural hair colour.
Yeah, in Ao No Exorcist it's not a natural hair color. Katoh said once that in this series natural hair colors are the same as in real life. So anyone with an unusual hair color either is dying their hair or they have demon heritage.

Anyway, it is a crack theory.

Okay, how was Takezo successful?
He stalled their attack. If he wasn't there, they would have attacked the group behind him before burning up.
And it was two on one. It wasn't exactly a fair fight.

I always thought his mother must have died during childbirth since I believe his birthday was stated to be in January while the blue night is supposed to have happened in December.
Because he was born in January, and since in Japan school admission ends in December, I thought he was born before everyone. Turns out he was born later.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:07:24 PM by chinonamida »

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 05:16:45 PM »
What? When was that revealed.
About the "wife leaving the family"? I don't really remember when and how often it was mentioned exactly. Also, just to be clear, they never say these two broke up or divorced, though they never said they are married either. But they say she's not there often. And we never see her being there, so... I meant "she left the family" as in, she's not living with them.

Also Renzo has a little sister, so he is far from Yaozo's last child.
Yumi has pink hair too. Just saying. x)

Wasn't Renzo talking to his mother on the phone at the beginning of chapter 15. And he complained to her about how she only cared for Ryuji and not him? Based on that it is pretty clear she is still loyal to Myoudha which I don't think would have been the case if she still wasn't with the Shima family. Also during Juzo's wedding Renzo's elder sister does ask Juzo where Mamushi and her mother were and he tells them they were in the kitchen, so she is clearly still living with them.

Also I believe Yumi's hair is dyed too because I remember there being a picture of her younger self being fed by Juzo who was holding her (along with Kinzo, the Kyoto trio and the Houjou sisters) and in that picture she was shown to have black hair like the rest. Also Renzo's elder sister doesn't have black hair but doesn't have any unnatural hair colour either so couldn't she possibly have gotten her hair colour from her mother's side.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:19:44 PM by xyzt »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 04:45:17 AM »
Wasn't Renzo talking to his mother on the phone at the beginning of chapter 15.
You can speak to your step mother even if she's not your biological mother.
Also, depending on who raised you, it's possible to see a step mother or an adoptive mother, as your true mother, more than your biological mother.

And he complained to her about how she only cared for Ryuji and not him? Based on that it is pretty clear she is still loyal to Myoudha which I don't think would have been the case if she still wasn't with the Shima family.
I never said she'd left the Myoudha.
I said she'd left the Shima family.
I could imagine her not wanting to be around her husband anymore if he cheated on her, but at the same time staying loyal to the Myoudha if she doens't want to leave them.

For example, if you go out with a fellow employee at your work place, if at some poit you break up, do you quit your job too? I wouldn't if I like my job.

Also during Juzo's wedding Renzo's elder sister does ask Juzo where Mamushi and her mother were and he tells them they were in the kitchen, so she is clearly still living with them.
A wedding is a special occasion. Jun, Gozou and Yumi don't live with Yaozou and the others either, but they were there for the wedding. Being there for the wedding doesn't mean she's usually there.

Also I believe Yumi's hair is dyed too because I remember there being a picture of her younger self being fed by Juzo who was holding her (along with Kinzo, the Kyoto trio and the Houjou sisters) and in that picture she was shown to have black hair like the rest.
Yeah, I remember pictures like that in the volumes. But again, we can't know for sure if it wasn't a black dye in these photos rather than a pink dye later.

Also Renzo's elder sister doesn't have black hair but doesn't have any unnatural hair colour either so couldn't she possibly have gotten her hair colour from her mother's side.
As I remember Jun has light teal hair. That's unnatural too. Then again we don't know whether it's a dye or not.