Author Topic: Chapter 114 ENG  (Read 1620 times)

Offline AlienGirl

• Junior Second Class
Chapter 114 ENG
« on: September 03, 2019, 03:02:16 PM »

Offline tandem

• Intermediate Second Class
Re: Chapter 114 ENG
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »
Glad to see Rin and Shiemi interacting (sort of), though there is still no secret revealed yet ...

For a moment I thought Koneko will show up and join their conversation ... but in the end we still don't know where Mephisto sent him to ...

I think this chapter further confirms Jeremiah isn't a good guy. He's acting quite weird. It's possible he actually doesn't like Shiemi and is just pretending to be friendly.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 03:59:49 PM by tandem »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
  • Intermediate First Class
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 04:17:30 PM »
Gonna call that the Grigori Agency are the real traitors who have been funneling Armumahel stuff to the Illuminati, among other things.

I think they want the Shemihaza descendants to do something, and just Shiemi's mom isn't enough. They need Shiemi too.

But something happened to Shiemi when she was younger that made them send her away. I wonder what.

Rin and Shiemi's interaction was fantastic. They're both in a state of shock and dealing with their own problems, they don't even realize each other is really there. But by just talking / hearing each other, they feel better and are ready to take on their situations.

Gotta say I really started freaking out when Rin started going "there was never any reason to be kind to people because it doesn't matter". He was able to hear Shiemi though, since she was able to confirm that there was a reason to be kind. That good did come from his existence (and Yukio's too). That's true trust.
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline Taytronics7

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 04:59:27 PM »
^ That makes sense, but why would the Grigori Agency side with the Illuminati?
Unless Jeremiah took past Shemihaza's order, "Protect Lucifer" too seriously.
Or past Shemihaza had some deal/fling with Lucifer.

Offline tandem

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 11:52:38 PM »
It's not clear whether Jeremiah or other people of Shemihaza department is also allowed to access Armumahel crystal. It's also possible Jeremiah gives Illuminati the Shemihaza crystal instead. I think there is more function than simply maintaining a garden.

Seems like they're fully aware that Shiemi is still a teenager girl. On the surface they respect her, but actually they're following Jeremiah's order. That's why they don't respond when Shiemi invites them to eat together. Maybe Jeremiah found the tradition ridiculous to respect a little girl so much, and regards himself the one who should take control here.

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 05:46:19 PM »
We're getting so many answers but so many questions too!
Having a time manipulating demon in your story makes writing so much easier. I mean, it makes perfect sense for Rin to be in Shiemi's bathroom and for Mephisto to just send Koneko to the past. It certainly helps accelerate the story.
Also, can I just mention how creepy Jeremiah is? We have literal demons in the story but he just oozes sleazebag.

Offline kirarin

• Junior First Class
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 06:05:37 AM »
it's kinda funny  how the exwires wound up in the blue night. they're being part of history thru time travelling it's just insane. who would have thought lol. i see why konekomaru with kurikara gets involved with this one. now that satan is losing his body.
i don't get anything from the grigori tbh. im just confused as heck. is shiemi the new shemihaza? i thought the old shemihaza wasn't crystallized yet? are they 2 different things? what? despite jeremiah being shady and creepy af, i like him lol. only because he's connected to angel.

Offline xyzt

• Junior Second Class
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 04:46:18 AM »
it's kinda funny  how the exwires wound up in the blue night. they're being part of history thru time travelling it's just insane. who would have thought lol. i see why konekomaru with kurikara gets involved with this one. now that satan is losing his body.
i don't get anything from the grigori tbh. im just confused as heck. is shiemi the new shemihaza? i thought the old shemihaza wasn't crystallized yet? are they 2 different things? what? despite jeremiah being shady and creepy af, i like him lol. only because he's connected to angel.

As of now only Rin and maybe konekomaru are part of history thru time travelling, the rest of the exwires are still in the present involved in their own problems.

I don't think it was ever stated or confirmed that shemihaza was not crystallised. The current grigori are only the mouthpieces of the 3 demons, I believe. We have yet to see shemihaza onscreen.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:58:57 AM by xyzt »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 08:48:18 AM »
i thought the old shemihaza wasn't crystallized yet?
I don't think it was ever stated or confirmed that shemihaza was not crystallised. The current grigori are only the mouthpieces of the 3 demons, I believe. We have yet to see shemihaza onscreen.
Lightning said in chapter 87 that Shemihaza, Armumahel and Azazel, all returned to "shinrabanshou", aka they all crystallized.
It's true though we haven't seen Shemihaza's crystal yet.
Lightning could be wrong. But I doubt it.

Offline Gem-Bug

• Bug Conjurer
  • Page
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 11:40:22 PM »
i thought the old shemihaza wasn't crystallized yet?
Lightning said in chapter 87 that Shemihaza, Armumahel and Azazel, all returned to "shinrabanshou", aka they all crystallized.
It's true though we haven't seen Shemihaza's crystal yet.
Lightning could be wrong. But I doubt it.

I kinda assumed Shemihaza might have been that massive tree on page 3! Maybe it's at the base of it?

Offline tandem

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 11:21:11 PM »
I think this is also the first time we have a real hint about what kind of power Shemihaza has (despite we've seen Shiemi's ability many times). If the crystal power can maintain an amazing "ecosystem" then I guess it's not only about plants, but also the whole biological natural power belongs to Shemihaza. Perhaps Egyn actually learned biology from Shemihaza ...

Hopefully we can see some kin of Shemihaza next, so we'll have a more concrete idea about its domain. Shiemi also needs some explicit power-up

The current grigori are only the mouthpieces of the 3 demons, I believe.
Speaking of the current representatives, I wonder whether they have real extraordinary power besides just giving opinions and decisions, when Shiemi seems to be selected due to her potential raw power. However, in the past the former Shemihaza representative was pretty panic when Satan returned to section 13. In the anime their ability was still not explicitly shown when Amaimon attacks the court.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:40:57 PM by tandem »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 08:46:48 PM »
I'll post again later about my opinions and other things on chapter 114 and 115, but for now I'll just comment this:

Looking at the english version, I noticed yet another mistranslation.
In the english version, when Shiemi get to the bathroom, she says "What would Yuki do? And if Rin were here-"
In the japanese version she says "If it was Yuki-chan [in my place], what would he do? If it was Rin-"
In english they made it sound like Yukio is a model for Shiemi while Rin is someone she wished was there for her.
In Japanese she equaly treat them like models, in this instence.
Being a mistranslation is already bad enough, being mistranslated because of a probable shipping bias is also bad enough, but another thing is instead of presenting Shiemi as someone who wants to get through this on her own and who's wondering what her friends would do in her place to help her find out what she should do, she's presented as someone who did that for a second with one of her friends, but then reverted to simply wishing Rin was there to take care of everything for her; in other words I think that change had the effect of presenting Shiemi as weaker than she actually is.
Katoh's writing is already good on it's own, you don't have to force it and make changes like that... All it does is backfire in other ways.

Also, later, Rin doesn't say "Stop it! Stop tormenting me!!!!" he says "Stop joking/fooling around/being silly/saying nonsens. You're making light of me/underestimating me!!!" I.E. Demon Rin is clearly saying he doesn't need Yukio, whether that's true or not. In the english version it's as if he's already admitting he wants to see him, but can't, hence the torment.

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 08:31:57 PM »
^ Huh, thanks for the clarifications. I did think that Shiemi was differentially referring to Rin, but this makes more sense.

Also, later, Rin doesn't say "Stop it! Stop tormenting me!!!!" he says "Stop joking/fooling around/being silly/saying nonsens. You're making light of me/underestimating me!!!" I.E. Demon Rin is clearly saying he doesn't need Yukio, whether that's true or not.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense with the context. It initially sounded like he was going wild because he was sad he thought Yukio hated him, but it's more like "nothing matters, everyone hates me, so I don't need anyone, I'm gonna do whatever I want".
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 12:04:20 AM »
^As I understand it, Rin has two personalities.
The one saying "I'm sorry", "it's hopeless", "that thing is the real me", ... and the one sayin things like, "I don't care", "I'll go wild"... seems to be two different personalities.