Author Topic: Stage play  (Read 57398 times)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Stage play
« on: October 28, 2012, 12:12:35 AM »
Aside from the anime, there's also been a Blue Exorcist stage play:
http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/02/ao-no-exorcist-to-get-stage-play-adaptation/
http://aonoexorcist.wikia.com/wiki/LIVE_ACT_Ao_no_Exorcist

They actually look pretty decent. Only Mephisto and Amaimon (and Shiro's keys) look a bit ridiculous to me.

Anybody seen it?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:44:49 PM by NeeNee »

Offline Wikkelsoee

• Intermediate First Class
Re: The stage play
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 12:47:08 AM »
That doesn't look so bad. I expected something worse. Paku looks like her manga counterpart the most and Bon looks a little bit too much like a delinquent. I'm a bit dissapointed with their Mephisto and Shiro, but they're also difficult characters to portray. 

Offline Anya

• Junior First Class
Re: The stage play
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
All of them look a bit too old and stocky and normal. Mephisto, Amaimon, Paku, Yukio and Shiemi are the only ones I like. Mephy and Amaimon because they look as weird as in the manga. Paku and Yukio because they look normal even in the manga and I like Shiemi's make up and lighting in the photo.

Rin looks a bit emo and like trying too hard. Bon looks like a drag queen, Shima like a junkie, Neko like he was mentally challenged, Izumo is plain unattractive, especially with that grimace, Neuhaus would be fine if it wasn't for the huge plastic compasses and Shiro looks pedo  :o

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
Re: Stage play
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »
^ I like real life characters to look normal. I actually liked Neuhaus most of the bunch (along with Paku). Rin looks a lot better in his pic alone than in the one with Yukio, and Izumo's looks fit her character (I don't know where the notion that she must be superattractive comes from, anyway. Not all girls can be beauty queens).

I agree about Koneko though. That expression on his face is.. awkward. ^^'

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »
^ I don't think he ever smiled like that in the manga...

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:47:44 AM »
It's too bad they are all overacting. But I guess that's typical for stage play?

Also, LOL at plushie!Mephisto. ;D

Offline Wikkelsoee

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 07:34:53 AM »
^ I think overacting is typical for Japanese acting in general. Their body language in movies or dramas can sometimes be ridiculous (This is based on my own experience, some may disagree). In stage plays you do have to overacts a bit more than in movies, though. The audience in the back has to be able to see their movements too.
But I kinda like "Rin". He seems Rin-ish.

(I want that plushie...)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 12:11:51 AM »

Offline facets-and-rainbows

• Intermediate Second Class
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »
Following the link to the website for the stage play, it looks like it's going to be a double feature with the first half covering Rin's awakening through his fight with Amaimon in the forest and the second half covering the Impure King arc. It will be playing at Ikebukuro's Sunshine Theatre from 6/21-6/29.

(Does anyone know if this looks like a continuation/expansion of the first stage play? Or something completely new? Also, the Impure King arc is getting adapted into another medium for once, that's pretty sweet.)

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 02:04:50 AM »
I wonder how they're gonna do the Impure King.

I can only think of this. :P

Offline evenwiththerain

• Junior First Class
  • i dont speak wind
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 04:21:01 AM »
this is going to be great, but i imagine how long we will wait to have it translated! if someone gives me a video of the play and a translation of what each character said, i would totally sub it, but i hardly see that happening, since Ane is not as big as to say Bleach
yet im wicked excited for this!
I was looking into it and i could ;read' that they were going to incorporate the kyoto impure king arc, which i dig! on manga kids remember this!

@NeeNee Haha lets hope it does not turn to that, but it probably will, since the impure king was not human, we'll see!

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 05:13:04 AM »
I am going to get the previous stage play as DVD soon (prob for summer, because it is expensive -.-) but I already have it as torrent - it is about 2-3 hours long and it follows loosely manga but there are variations (like Rin rescues Shiemi from Shiratori, they fight and that's why he gets possessed) and Rin's flames show up first time at monastery during an argument with Shiro. But it is understandable, you can't do everything in great detail/accurate in stage.... But I liked it very much!

Omg can we see the play live? Previous was imo prodcasted same time on internet (you could buy tickets).. And what about the cast? (Rin looks cute once again!but I maybe prefer the previous little more..)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:37:04 AM by Elaedan »
~魔神の落胤~

Offline evenwiththerain

• Junior First Class
  • i dont speak wind
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
@Elaedan there was a previous play?! Oh i would love to see it what was it called?

Offline Elaedan

• Oni-san, kochira, te no naru hou e
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
^Ao no Exorcist LIVE Act: "Majin no Rakuin"  :33
~魔神の落胤~

Offline NeeNee

• Administrator
  • Senior First Class
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 05:32:55 AM »
http://all-anime-info-jp.jimdo.com/2014/04/30/blue-exorcist-stage-awakening-the-blue-flame-arc-and-kyoto-s-unclean-king-arc/

"The second part, “Kyoto’s Unclean King Arc,” is set in True Cross Academy"

I am not sure if I should be excited or worried.

Not like I'll ever get to see it anyway.