Author Topic: Smalltalk  (Read 124200 times)

Offline chinonamida

• Intermediate First Class
Re: Smalltalk
« Reply #1650 on: March 20, 2019, 07:30:40 AM »
Thanks. It starts in 2 weeks or so. I really wonder what types of classes I'll manage to get.

Offline SimpleBliss

• Junior First Class
  • When in doubt, talk it out
« Reply #1651 on: April 11, 2019, 04:18:59 PM »
Hey everyone!

Wow, it's been...a year? More? Wow, actually it's been more than TWO YEARS since my last post. Holy shit. Time FLIES. I'm glad to see everyone is as active as ever!

Since the "flashback" arc started, I found that I lost some active interest (as in, discussing on here and stuff) until we returned back to the plot. Now that we're back, I've been slowly started to reignite my theorizing self! I've been keeping up with the manga though, so I know what's going on.

But not only that, I've been busy as HELL with school. Physics has absolutely consumed me, and taken basically all of my spare energy. And my not-so-spare energy. Woah, it's definitely been a doozy. I've learned and changed and grown so much in two years. Made great friendships, experienced some heart-break, broken some of those friendships, tried counseling, experienced changes in my family, picked up an instrument, learned a lot about myself...I feel like a completely different person now.

I hope everyone has been okay! And I hope that I can slowly start becoming more active again. I missed this!

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #1652 on: April 14, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »
Yeah, it's been quiet since "Beyond the Snow". That arc resolved a lot of ongoing theories. In the mean time, a lot of discussion has moved to the Discord server. I still like to make long posts here, since Discord isn't good for that.

Good to hear you've been doing alright, SB! Hope things get easier to manage with school. Junior year of undergrad physics was hell for me, but things eased up in senior year. I also highly recommend taking a gap year between undergrad and grad. Congrats on picking up a new instrument.

Whew. I'm exhausted. I'm on the third week of my nonstop travel run. I participated in a certain space mission design competition three weeks ago. Cool experience and I got to visit NASA JPL, which was awesome. But damn, 3-5 hours of sleep a night... can barely handle that. Also, had a very fractious team. Then immediately flew back to my apt to get my cat, and fly then to home, where I dropped said cat off at a kennel with the other family cats so we could do the first family vacation we've done in nearly 20 years. After a lot of careful itinerary management and directing the activities, things worked out positively (only one stupid entirely-avoidable argument). Now I'm waiting in an airport to fly to a group conference on the other coast. I can't wait for the travel to be done...

Also I volunteered to do a public talk in a month on video games and chaos theory. Slides were due last Friday, but I missed the call due to having it marked in the wrong timezone :D It's gonna be a busy flight and day tomorrow (thankfully tomorrow has all the boring mission updates stuff that's pretty much the same for every year.) My adviser said the mission is in downswing, so I'm going to see if I can find out where everyone's planning to move on to. Then it's a month break until I go to Tokyo to give a couple talks.

I hope your classes are going well chino!
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #1653 on: April 14, 2019, 10:42:10 PM »
Are you coming to downtown Tokyo? Maybe we'll meet. x)

The classes are nice, though they might be too easy. I guess it's true Japanese University is like vacation. It's more for making contact networks...
I also joined the swimming club and the mixed martial arts club. But honestly I feel like I'm taking it easy compared to when I was working.

It's nice to have news from you too Simple Bliss. It's been a long time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:45:26 PM by chinonamida »

Offline earthforge

• Meat Popsicle
« Reply #1654 on: April 27, 2019, 08:14:50 PM »
Are you coming to downtown Tokyo? Maybe we'll meet. x)

Yup! I'll be around Tokyo University area on the second to last week of May, and then I'll be in the Chiba area for the following week. We should def meet up if you're around then!

(Assuming I can get my adviser to properly book a place to stay...)
"There are no answers. Only choices."

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #1655 on: April 29, 2019, 04:36:36 AM »
^Sure, I'll be around at that time! I don't know how much free time we will both have, but if it's inside the Yamanote Circle, I can guide you anywhere. x)
Just PM me when you arrive.

About places to stay, there shouldn't be any problem if it's an hotel. But if you want more than an hotel, like an apartment, it will go easier if you have a visa. I always seem to be lucky and find apartments pretty fast. I'm not sure if it's always that easy though. I hear a lot of stories of people having problems finding one. Either way, good luck.

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #1656 on: July 19, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »
In the end I haven't sent any photos from Waseda. Truth is I've never been someone who takes photos...
Also, I managed to do one year worth of classes in one semester, and since I already have more than 3 years worth of classes at other Universities, I managed to make it so I'll be graduating this month.
Things happened in my home country and I have to go back, so I won't be able to stay in Tokyo as long as I thought. X'(
It's a shame that I was finally able to come back to Japan after so long, and Katoh decides to go to Italy.
Well, I've been so busy anyway, I wouldn't have had time to go to any Ao No Exorcist event even if there was one.

Though the real reason why I came here is because I heard the news about KyoAni and felt like sharing it.
I don't like being the bringer of bad news to some of you, but I'm sure all of you will learn about it at one point, still the difference between learning it sooner than later is now you can support KyoAni when they need it the most.
https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-kyoani-heal

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #1657 on: July 25, 2019, 02:24:49 AM »
As an update to the last post, KyoAni published a letter:

In an unprecedented event, many irreplaceable friends were injured or lost their lives.
We learned in the news that an unbelievable number of people around the world are thinking about us.
For us, who are currently standing in a dark place, all these thoughts are bonds that are also irreplaceable.
Right now, there are friends at the hospital who are suffering and doing their best to stay alive, as well as people mourning the death of family members.
So please give us time.
Kyoto Animation will continue to give everyone in the world animations that bring forth emotions, hopes and dreams, and to continue being a company that strive to realize the happiness to its employees and staff as well as helping support our region and society, together with the people who are giving us a hand, we are fighting with all our might.

Hideaki Hatta
President and representative director of Kyoto Animation Company
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:26:43 AM by chinonamida »

Offline chinonamida

« Reply #1658 on: October 08, 2019, 02:47:11 PM »
Hey everyone, look, I received my diploma from Waseda. x)

Offline justicecadet

• Junior Second Class
  • aka Hanamatsu, FujoshiCadet, Fujocadet, Fujohanama
« Reply #1659 on: October 10, 2019, 04:20:19 PM »
Happy Birthday Toudou Saburouta.

Truly, the light of my life.
Saying Toudou's name summons me